Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 173

Thread: Reds vs. Cardinals Sunday 8/26

  1. #136
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Sunday 8/26

    There should be a new stat category. Luck. Because putting the bat on the ball isn't a skill. It's all luck.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #137
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Sunday 8/26

    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    So under this theory Joey Votto is just luckier than Miguel Cairo?
    Votto does have some luck in his career, but you're reaching here and you know it.

  4. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Sunday 8/26

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Votto does have some luck in his career, but you're reaching here and you know it.
    Not really. Your argument is that players are not necessarily skilled but lucky.

  5. #139
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,753
    I'm lucky to have read this thread.

  6. #140
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    487

    Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Sunday 8/26

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I'm lucky to have read this thread.
    And we're lucky to have you Ironman.

  7. #141
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Sunday 8/26

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    There should be a new stat category. Luck. Because putting the bat on the ball isn't a skill. It's all luck.
    BABIP is a form of a luck category

  8. #142
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,753
    This year's Reds team doesn't have as many wins as the 2010 team ended with.

  9. #143
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Sunday 8/26

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    BABIP is a form of a luck category
    Using your logic, players like Ichiro, Jeter...lucky.

  10. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Sunday 8/26

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    Not really. Your argument is that players are not necessarily skilled but lucky.
    No every player that makes the majors is skilled

  11. #145
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    487

    Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Sunday 8/26

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    No every player that makes the majors is skilled
    Yes they are.

  12. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    90

    Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Sunday 8/26

    Our plate discipline is so bad.

  13. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Sunday 8/26

    Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    Our plate discipline is so bad.
    No...your plate discipline is unlucky

  14. #148
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,753
    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    BABIP is a form of a luck category
    So are home runs....very often home runs are a product of a missed location and since the is do defense against the pitcher throwing to his location...the hitter is lucky the pitcher missed his spot.

  15. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Sunday 8/26

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    Using your logic, players like Ichiro, Jeter...lucky.
    Yes they are lucky

  16. #150
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Yes they are.
    Pete Rose Jr?
    Stephen Larkin?
    Mike Bell?

    ....but Tony Gwynn was pretty skilled....as is everyone that's not a courtesy call up.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25