Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Arizona Fall League Discussion

Re: 2012 Arizona Fall League Discussion

And then promptly gets picked off of second base.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Hamilton leads off with an infield single. After a couple pickoff attempts, a pitchout and a couple fouls on which he was running, he of course steals second.

I'd love to watch him play some center field. That could be very interesting.
    BHam was then picked off 2nd. So far he has had at least 3 balls hit his way in the 1st as the other team has put up 8 runs with only one out.

The bad guys score 8 in the bottom of the first. Neither a Reds pitcher nor a Hamilton error was involved.

Never mind. Failure to read all the previous posts.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/y2010...1&mode=gameday

going to the 9th
    hailton is 2-4 Lutz 0-3 with a HBP and Did is 0-2 with a walk

Any info on how he looked in the field.

Hamilton back in center tonight, Didi at short hitting 7th, Lutz with the night off.

Hamilton 2 for 5. Now hitting .500 for the two games (5 for 10). Gregorius went 4 for 4 (a double and three singles).

Peoria Saturday recap

Ravin pitched one inning, gave up one hit, had two strikeouts
    Partch pitched 1.2 innings, gave 2 hits, one earned run (a homer!), one walk, one strikeout
    Hayes pitched two innings, no hits, no walks, one strikeout, was the pitcher of record (1-0)

Hamilton was 2-5, with 2 strikeouts, no stolen bases (caught stealing once!).

Didi was 4-4! with one double, and scored twice

I'm out there 24-26th !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaPreps View Post
    Peoria Saturday recap

Ravin pitched one inning, gave up one hit, had two strikeouts
    Partch pitched 1.2 innings, gave 2 hits, one earned run (a homer!), one walk, one strikeout
    Hayes pitched two innings, no hits, no walks, one strikeout, was the pitcher of record (1-0)

Hamilton was 2-5, with 2 strikeouts, no stolen bases (caught stealing once!).

Didi was 4-4! with one double, and scored twice
    How did Hamilton look in CF?

Did he look comfortable and what not?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I am pretty sure none of the Redszone guys are out in Arizona right now watching Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am pretty sure none of the Redszone guys are out in Arizona right now watching Hamilton.
    there's no live feed? and i thought there were alot of reds fans who live in arizona. can none take the trek out there and watch a single game?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    there's no live feed? and i thought there were alot of reds fans who live in arizona. can none take the trek out there and watch a single game?
    Absolutely no live feed. You can count the amount of people at these games on your fingers and toes.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Actually I was at the game Saturday night...The only memorable play Hamilton had was running down a deep fly in right center, made the catch look really easy. Overall I thought he looked really good. He did get caught stealing, on a play I thought he looked safe...Gregorius looked smooth at short, outside of the error on the ball that went right thru the wickets. Even though Partch gave up a bomb, the Reds pitching was solid, especially Hayes, who I've never really paid much attention to, but he was very impressive.

Having watched Gregorius about 15 times total in person, I've seen a guy who can make a great play, then botch an easy one. He's very young, so that may improve. But I put a lot of stock into making the play in front of you consistently. On that, IMO, Cozart trumps him. Cozart also has better power. They have equally horrid plate approaches (based on minor league numbers).

To be fair, Cozart was well above age limits, so he should have more power. He should have a better plate approach. He should be more consistent.

If they platoon them, that suits me (though I think Cozart deserves more than a strictly southpaw diet), but I'd prefer one to be dealt. At this point, I'd probably be willing to deal the more established guy, but, if other teams prefer the younger lottery ticket, I'd likely not shed a tear there either.

Turn Off Ads?