Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Arizona Fall League Discussion

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 2012 Arizona Fall League Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by nate1213 View Post
    Is Lutz really someone we can except expect to start though?
    I am not counting on it, but it isn't out the realm of possibility either. He has some tools to work with.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I went to today's game. First.... Billy in CF. There were two balls that were hard to the wall in CF. Billy got them both with ease. It seemed to me though that rather than tracking them smoothly on his way to the wall, that Billy seemed to spot the ball, run some more, spot the ball run some more etc. And then his grab seemed like a stab.

And then late in game an easily catchable ball fell between Billy and the RF, as they looked at each other.

Billy also hit one of those line drives that did not get caught and it went for a triple.

Lutz - Fashion wise, the first time up he came up with bloused pants. Haven't seen anyone wearing their pants like that. By second at bat they were normal. He had no hard plays in OF. In fact the only thing I remember going to him was a ball hit over his head to the wall which he played well. He does look lumbering out there.....

Saw Ravin for first time ever. He looked pretty good. Big kid and threw hard.

Ravin threw 14 fastballs today. The average speed was 99.4 MPH and he topped out at 100.7 MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Ravin threw 14 fastballs today. The average speed was 99.4 MPH and he topped out at 100.7 MPH.
    Did he throw this hard in the regular season? Part of me is drooling, but the fact that he's never put up a decent season is kind of a bucket of cold water over the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Did he throw this hard in the regular season? Part of me is drooling, but the fact that he's never put up a decent season is kind of a bucket of cold water over the whole thing.
    Yes, he was throwing close to this. I didn't see him hit 100, but heard he had. I think I saw him top out at 99 this season.

He is very hit and miss. When he is on, he is really on. But when he is off, he is really off. Usually it is related to his ability to find the strikezone. He has a Major League arm with quality pitches, he just needs to find some sort of consistency.

Yes, he was throwing close to this. I didn't see him hit 100, but heard he had. I think I saw him top out at 99 this season.

He is very hit and miss. When he is on, he is really on. But when he is off, he is really off. Usually it is related to his ability to find the strikezone. He has a Major League arm with quality pitches, he just needs to find some sort of consistency.
    Doug is this a mechanics issue and release point? Or is he struggeling mentally with confidence...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Is it just my impression or has Hamilton developed a problem getting caught/picked off stealing since being promoted to AA? What do you think is the answer? Just more coaching/experience? I'm thinking that they should coach him to be more judicious in picking and choosing when to steal. In other words I don't think he should be trying to steal 100 bases anymore. It seems to me that even if he becomes Drew Stubbs in CF tomorrow, he's still not ready to help the Reds until he improves his steal %..
    I have no problem with him running he has to learn how big of a lead he can get on different pitchers so he should keep running.
    Check Out My Blog at roundinthirdandheadedforhome.mlblogs.com

I was at today's game also. (one more to go). Lutz played 1st but was replaced part way thru game. Didi was at SS and Billy at CF again. Billy had another ball hit over his head that he tracked down, and this time it looked smoother.

He also made the play of the day on a ball that looked like a sure single but he came in and snagged it with a diving catch. Didi was slick at SS.

Crabbe with four hitless innings. He walked one and struck out two.

If Hamilton is an 80 runner, what is Stubbs?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I was at today's game also. (one more to go). Lutz played 1st but was replaced part way thru game.
    He just tweeted that he had his hand X-Ray'd for his finger. He said he doesn't think it is broken, but maybe. I guess we will know soon enough.

Is Hayes still pitching well? Haven't seen an update on him in awhile. Last I had seen on here, he was doing well. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If Hamilton is an 80 runner, what is Stubbs?
    I'd rank him between 65 and a 75. He's definitely plus.

He just tweeted that he had his hand X-Ray'd for his finger. He said he doesn't think it is broken, but maybe. I guess we will know soon enough.
    Broken finger for Lutz.

Broken finger for Lutz.
    Just cut it off and get back in the game kid. You have 9 others.

Turn Off Ads?