Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stubbs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stubbs

Keep hearing about how good the Reds record is when Stubbs scores a run. What is our record when he strikes out more than once in a game, which happens to be just about every night.

Re: Stubbs

Probably not that bad since it happens so often with tonight being the 33rd time its happened.

If he could just cut those down to once a game and make contact those other 33 times that would be at least 10 more runs scored.

Banner night for Drew, only 2 k's, 1 HBP and a 6-3 ground out...
    Sorry forgot the fly out, even better.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo14 View Post
    Keep hearing about how good the Reds record is when Stubbs scores a run. What is our record when he strikes out more than once in a game, which happens to be just about every night.
    20-13

Folks, we've beaten this topic (Stubbs) to death from multiple angles. No matter what he does, Baker will put his name on the lineup card and bat him 1-2. It seems most every analyst, pundit, and fan continue to question why, and Baker bristles at the criticism and digs his heels in even deeper.

I see any long term solution coming this off season. And that long term solution is not Chris Heisey! I was hoping Stubbs would come around, because I like the guy and his speed, power combo, but he's not getting any better. Ever!

I do not think Stubbs nor Heisey is the answer. Granted that both of them have speed and both are decent defenders, but their lack of offensive production is terrible. Not to mention I have yet to see Stubbs dive to try to make a play, but instead gives the batter a single when he could have made a play on the ball. Heisey tries to dive, but completely misses the ball giving the batter a double.

I know Dusty has said it won't happen, but why not put Bruce in CF? He has already played there before and he can make the diving catch as we have seen a few times in RF. His arm will also add to CF as he could keep guys from tagging up on third. Now you can keep Ludwick and add Frazier to the OF and we have good offensive numbers while not dropping too far off from the defensive side.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    I do not think Stubbs nor Heisey is the answer. Granted that both of them have speed and both are decent defenders, but their lack of offensive production is terrible. Not to mention I have yet to see Stubbs dive to try to make a play, but instead gives the batter a single when he could have made a play on the ball. Heisey tries to dive, but completely misses the ball giving the batter a double.

I know Dusty has said it won't happen, but why not put Bruce in CF? He has already played there before and he can make the diving catch as we have seen a few times in RF. His arm will also add to CF as he could keep guys from tagging up on third. Now you can keep Ludwick and add Frazier to the OF and we have good offensive numbers while not dropping too far off from the defensive side.
    I want to say Dusty recently said they would be trying Bruce in CF when Votto comes back. That could put Ludwick in RF and Frazier in LF. I don't think it would be an everyday thing though. When we have a flyball pitcher like Arroyo going I'd expect Stubbs to start for defense, and if we're on the road in a big outfield I'd expect Stubbs to start.

Long term the answer is hopefully Billy Hamilton. Short term we at least have some mixing and matching we can do when Votto returns.

The answer will never be Drew Stubbs no matter how long Dusty tries to pound that square peg into that round hole.

August:
    Stubbs - 97 ABs - .515 OPS
    Heisey - 29 ABs - .775 OPS

Keep pounding, Dusty.

7 straight Ks and something like 31 Ks in last 75 ABs for a 2 hole hitter....

....keep pounding Dusty!
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    7 straight Ks and something like 31 Ks in last 75 ABs for a 2 hole hitter....

....keep pounding Dusty!
    I think Dusty needs to use a bigger hammer or let someone else do the pounding.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jback76 View Post
    I think Dusty needs to use a bigger hammer or let someone else do the pounding.
    I wish I could do some pounding...on some of my fellow Sundeck members. WE ALL KNOW THAT STUBBS SUCKS AND IS GOING TO PLAY...get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drew Stubbs over his last 20 games

13-for-79 .165
    4 walks to 33 Strike Outs for a .214 OBP
    2 XBH for a .203 slugging percentage and a .417 OPS
    6 runs and 3 RBI

Turn Off Ads?