Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Stubbs

Quote Originally Posted by jback76 View Post
    Hey Ironman92, there are know pictures bad enough to warrant Dusty running Stubbs out there day after day in the 2 hole!
    Do they involve a picture of Heisey, some darts and a dartboard?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Stubbs

Stubbs has had about 140 more at bats than Heisey. Heisey strikes out about 1 in 4.5 times at bat (65 total). Stubbs strikes out 1 in every 3 at bats (139 TOTAL). Heisey is putting the ball in play a considerable amount more than Stubbs. Just from these stats alone, Heisey should be getting the majority of the playing time. As for defense, Stubbs is faster, but rarely dives or runs into walls to catch anything. Heisey would run through the wall and dive for it anytime. Stubbs has been given several years of chances. It's Heisey's turn.

Where do Stubbs and Cozy rank in MLB among OB%.....

I can't check on my phone. Guessing both might be near the bottom 10 of probably 200-250 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Where do Stubbs and Cozy rank in MLB among OB%.....

I can't check on my phone. Guessing both might be near the bottom 10 of probably 200-250 players.
    Stubbs and Cozart OBP are identical. .285 They rank #443 and #445 in MLB. There are less than 10 other full time players with OBP lower than these two.
    Heisey's OBP is .325

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Another wasted day with an automatic out in the 2 hole.

But, hey, Dusty's in charge.
    Wait till the NLDS when he goes 0-15 with 12 Ks.

Be worse than watching Reggie Sanders in 1995.

We'll get to see that infamous clueless/hopeless facial expression as he strolls repeatedly back to the dugout.

Same dugout where Frazier will be watching the games from.
    Last edited by malcontent; 09-03-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Stubbs has been in the league for 3 1/2 years. Heisey has been here for 3 years.

Stubbs has had almost 1800 at bats, while Heisey has had less than 800. Give Heisey the chances Stubbs has had.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Stubbs has had about 140 more at bats than Heisey. Heisey strikes out about 1 in 4.5 times at bat (65 total). Stubbs strikes out 1 in every 3 at bats (139 TOTAL). Heisey is putting the ball in play a considerable amount more than Stubbs. Just from these stats alone, Heisey should be getting the majority of the playing time. As for defense, Stubbs is faster, but rarely dives or runs into walls to catch anything. Heisey would run through the wall and dive for it anytime. Stubbs has been given several years of chances. It's Heisey's turn.
    I completely agree.

I haven't been a huge Heisey fan, primarily because I want another LH bat in the lineup. But he's making a believer out of me, more and more.

He's by far the better choice in CF at this point, IMO. I could actually see Heisey making some noise in the post-season IF he got the chance.

The main difference in the two is Heisey is adjusting to his weaknesses and improving while Stubbs is regressing. Heisey is not hitting with the power he did last year but has cut way down on his K's can move runners over with a bunt and it far from a liability in the OF. I think Heisey knows what this team needs from him or Stubbs (a table setter for Votto-Bruce) and has altered his game to do just that. These people that say K's are just another out and have no meaning are way off when it pertains to someone with speed like Stubbs. If he makes contact the chances are very good that he will get on base.

I haven't read all the posts on this subject so this may have been mentioned. I was watching the game last night and every time Stubbs would swing and miss, he was pulling his head and looking towards left field. It was so obvious that the broadcasters mic picked up a fan yelling "Keep your head in." On his base hit, he kept his head in.

Anyone else notice that?

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Stubbs and Cozart OBP are identical. .285 They rank #443 and #445 in MLB. There are less than 10 other full time players with OBP lower than these two.
    Heisey's OBP is .325
    So if they have identical OBP how are they #443 and #445? Shouldn't they be tied?
    Huh? Huh-uh. Oh yeah, uh-huh.

Perhaps in rounding to 3 decimal places that are tied, but taken to a 4th decimal place they are not identical. Math teacher - sorry for lecturing.

Turn Off Ads?