Turn Off Ads?

Thread: scary lineup day today?

scary lineup day today?

Even with the day off tomorrow, I could see some combination of Rolen, Phillips, Frazier, Ludwick, Hanigan and Stubbs getting a day off today.

Is the following possible?

Cozart
    Heisey
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Paul
    Cairo
    Valdez
    Navarro
    Latos (would actually move him up to sixth in this lineup)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: scary lineup day today?

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pocoroba View Post
    Even with the day off tomorrow, I could see some combination of Rolen, Phillips, Frazier, Ludwick, Hanigan and Stubbs getting a day off today.

Cozart
    Heisey
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Paul
    Cairo
    Valdez
    Navarro
    Dude, I like the lineup dude. CF and SS bat 1 and 2, dude. Dude, it's in the book, dude. -The Dude
    "And why do false truths persist, getting passed down the decades as if they were fact? It comes back to the same point: People believe things that are wrong because, individually, people rarely investigate their own beliefs, particularly when what they believe makes sense intuitively. Even more so when those around them agree with them." -K.F.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pocoroba View Post

Cozart
    Heisey
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Paul
    Cairo
    Valdez
    Navarro
    I don't see Phillips getting the day off, because he's had one pretty recently and he has also had time off in the second half for injuries. He generally doesn't sit many times over the course of a season. Also, I don't see why Hannigan would be taken off Latos who he has caught all year long.
    I do see Paul getting a start and Valdez at third or Cairo at first.
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

The Snake's starter, Patrick Corbin, is left handed. However, he has struggled against lefties this year (.869) and has handled righties pretty well (.654). So, there is probably a reasonable chance that Paul gets a start. My guess at the lineup is:

Cozart
    Stubbs
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Paul
    Cairo
    Hanigan
    Latos

The Diamondbacks trotted out three left-handed pitchers against a Reds club that basically has just one left-handed batter in Jay Bruce. Sucks for them. The three southpaws are all under the age of 25.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

i wish they didnt have valdez seen him miss 2 balls that cozart would have caught and save those games.defiently not impressed with this guy waste of bench space in my opinion

[QUOTE=OGB;2721000]I don't see Phillips getting the day off, because he's had one pretty recently and he has also had time off in the second half for injuries. He generally doesn't sit many times over the course of a season. Also, I don't see why Hannigan would be taken off Latos who he has caught all year long.QUOTE]

You are probably right about Phillips, though I'd be surprised to see Hanigan in the starting lineup given that he's started the past three games and this is a day game following a night game.

Best record in MLB. Dusty could bat Latos 4th and he still should not get criticized. Ridiculous.

Can X. Paul play CF? Seems like Heisey hasn't been getting much chance lately and Stubbs clearly should be playing in a Softball league somewhere. Just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Best record in MLB. Dusty could bat Latos 4th and he still should not get criticized. Ridiculous.
    who criticized Dusty in this thread? It certainly wasn't my intent to criticize him - I was just pointing out that today seems like a natural day to give a few guys the day off. It's not a criticism of Dusty to observe that our bench players ain't exactly tearing it up.

Think Phillips commented last game off that it was his last one going down the stretch.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Cozart looking fatigued, even with a rest for the first game of this series. Wouldn't be surprised to see him sit again to get two days of in a row. And when he returns, a move down to the 7 spot in the order.

Stubbs' last 3 starts, all against LH starters: 1-15, 1BB, 7 Ks. I think we've all seen enough. Give Heisey the full-time job, please.

Gotta sit Rolen to get him two days in a row. Valdez at 3rd or Cairo at 1st. Paul in LF.

That's my guess.

Turn Off Ads?