Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Beating a Dead Horse

Beating a Dead Horse

Stubbs last 14 starts 10 for 60 (.167)
    4Runs-3RBI- 25K- 9 Game K streak

Heisey Last 5 starts 8-for 19 (.421)
    3Runs-2RBI- 3K
    Three of those starts against Halliday, Wainright and Miley.

Wonder who Dusty plays in CF today?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Beating a Dead Horse

Valid point, but must we always focus on the negative? There's an awful lot of good to talk with this team. To me - a post like this is like focusing on a tiny dark spot on a huge white shirt. It's insignicant.

I'm not saying that I disagree, but all the negative is way past tired.

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Valid point, but must we always focus on the negative? There's an awful lot of good to talk with this team. To me - a post like this is like focusing on a tiny dark spot on a huge white shirt. It's insignicant.

THIS...I think people are finally coming around!!!!

You're right, it is definitely beating a dead horse at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post

The spot on a white shirt is a great analogy. However, to me it supports the other viewpoint because no matter how nice the white shirt is...no one notices anything but the tiny dark spot. Now if the spot was up under the arm pit, well, that's one thing, but when it's front and center....everyone only sees the spot.

Now if Stubbs was in the 7/8 (or even 9 on certain nights)...arm pit. But continuously in the 1/2...front and center.

Just because it's beating a dead horse doesn't make it any less true or less of a head scratcher.

Not trying to be negative, there are many positives about this team, I just don't understand the thought process of running this guy out there night after night. I believe in putting your best eight players on the field as one extra win may be the difference in a home field playoff game or an away one.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo14 View Post
    Not trying to be negative, there are many positives about this team, I just don't understand the thought process of running this guy out there night after night. I believe in putting your best eight players on the field as one extra win may be the difference in a home field playoff game or an away one.
    Spot on. I hate when people ignore the problems this team has simply because they are winning. Stubbs should NOT be the 2 spot hitter when it's obvious he stinks at the plate, and unless he miraculously goes on a tear in October it will hurt this team to have a guy as ineffective at the plate as Stubbs.

Heisey should be the starting CF and Stubbs defense isn't way better than Heisey's, just a little bit better.

Again, no one can be unhappy that the Reds are winning like they are, but alot of fans including myself are concerned for the playoffs when we have a manager who so stubbornly continues to play Stubbs over Heisey when it's painfully obvious Heisey is the better option.

It's also upsetting hearing Dusty say he will play Grandpa over Frazier just because he has more playoff experience. I would think actual productivity is more important than experience.

Beating dead horses happens to be one of my favorite past times.

Boy our centerfielder is frustrating! I'm at a loss. I sure wonder how Walt feels about this.

I can see the arguement that Stubbs is in there for his defense......but why is he still batting #2 is the same reason Cory Patterson lead off for most the season a few years back. Dusty will always bat CF and SS 1 and 2....its crazy.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jback76 View Post
    Boy our centerfielder is frustrating! I'm at a loss. I sure wonder how Walt feels about this.
    I used to think Dusty really liked Stubbs -- now I'm beginning to think he really has it in for him -- this is reaching humiliation type abuse.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

...and Heisey goes yard for the 2nd time!

Turn Off Ads?