Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Done By Labor Day?

Done By Labor Day?

With a losing record on the road AND playing at the home of the Nats, the Cards have a tough task ahead this weekend. Couple that with the Reds taking on Houston, this lead could reach double digits by Labor Day.

I've seen crazier things happen but a double digit lead would be tough to beat with a month to go.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Done By Labor Day?

If it's double digits on September 1st and the Reds lose the division, it would be the first time a team had a 10 game lead in September and blew the lead (Red Sox had a 9 game lead for the WC last year on September 1st and is the largest lead ever blown in September).

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

There is absolutely no way that the Reds do not win this division. The pitching has been too good for too long. The bats are competent. Joey Votto is coming back. It simply will not happen.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Yeah, I know we've gotten used to the team we have now, but in a few days we will have the best player in baseball joining joining the team.

A baseballl season can be dissected into many more parts, but primarily I see it in 3 sections: April, May-August, and September. In April the team is getting a feel, pardons are passed out like cracker jacks as teams and players find their groove. May-August come the hot days and warm nights where a beer, hot dog, and ball game are just plain fun to enjoy. The team has settled in and is ready for the long haul. In September comes crunch time, when the pennant races tighten up and things get very interesting. Teams are wary of the opposition, and our emotions come out and are put on the line. It is the biggest make-or-break month of the season.

With Dusty's September resume and Joey Votto coming back within days, this might be one of the best Septembers this club has ever seen. This seasons most exciting days are yet to come.
    There are only two seasons - Winter and Baseball.

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    Yeah, I know we've gotten used to the team we have now, but in a few days we will have the best player in baseball joining joining the team.

A baseballl season can be dissected into many more parts, but primarily I see it in 3 sections: April, May-August, and September. In April the team is getting a feel, pardons are passed out like cracker jacks as teams and players find their groove. May-August come the hot days and warm nights where a beer, hot dog, and ball game are just plain fun to enjoy. The team has settled in and is ready for the long haul. In September comes crunch time, when the pennant races tighten up and things get very interesting. Teams are wary of the opposition, and our emotions come out and are put on the line. It is the biggest make-or-break month of the season.

With Dusty's September resume and Joey Votto coming back within days, this might be one of the best Septembers this club has ever seen. This seasons most exciting days are yet to come.

I love the optimism....also that was a pretty good breakdown of the season. I think you could probly lump May in with April, but whatever. I wish a few others shared this optimism!!!

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

There are a lot of us with the optimism, it's just that the whiners/complainers are louder.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    There are a lot of us with the optimism, it's just that the whiners/complainers are louder.
    Yeah...that's probly true.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

And most of the people who claim to be optimistic whine and complain so much it is often hard to tell.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Yeah, I think there is no way we don't win the division. And I think the Cards and Pirates know they're playing for a wild card birth now.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    This

(BTW, always wanted to post "This" - perfect opportunity)
    Hey Homer! If you can put it together, you'll put the Reds over the top....think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jback76 View Post
    Yeah, I think there is no way we don't win the division. And I think the Cards and Pirates know they're playing for a wild card birth now.
    I think you're right, particularly after the Cards got blanked in back-to-back nights.

If the Reds play .500 baseball the rest of the way, the Cards have to go something like 25-7, thats .781, to tie them at the end of the season.

We
    Got
    This

EDDTYWROL

When they clinch, can we bring back the Chapmen roll?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Ah, it's so refreshing to think we could have a very stress-free September.

Turn Off Ads?