Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals and Pirates updates

Cardinals and Pirates updates

The Cardinals get one off Jeff Samardzija in the first without getting a ball out of the infield as he walks the first 3 and they botch a DP ball by Beltran before getting they next two.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cardinals and Pirates updates

The Cubs jump the Cardinals for the first for the second day in a row as Soriano gets a one out 2-run triple down the LF line that rattles in the corner but the Cubs being the Cubs can't get the guy in with one down.

After the bad first 4 hitters Joe Kelly realized he was a Cardinal again and became unhittable as he has got the next 11 hitters in no time flat. Cubs up 2-1 after 4 with the ticking bomb that is the Cardinals magical offense waiting to explode yet again.

Now 14 in a row for Joe Kelly. Stuff like this make me hate the Cardinals so badly, Kelly was rated 17th by Sickels and now in the majors he's heading for his 9th consecutive game giving up 3 or less runs to start his career. Their 7th string SP is doing what our Ace is doing this year is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    Now 14 in a row for Joe Kelly. Stuff like this make me hate the Cardinals so badly, Kelly was rated 17th by Sickels and now in the majors he's heading for his 9th consecutive game giving up 3 or less runs to start his career. Their 7th string SP is doing what our Ace is doing this year is just silly.
    I could not agree more. They seem to have some kind of Midas touch for starting pitchers and the dregs of the rest of the league in general. It's frustrating.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Weakest division in baseball my ass. The only way I see that argument being made is bc of six teams and usually three of them are garbage whereas a four or five team division may only have one or two bottom dwellers. Invalid argument nonetheless. NL central race is the toughest in baseball, the 3rd place Cards would be 2nd and close to 1st in any other division.

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    I could not agree more. They seem to have some kind of Midas touch for starting pitchers and the dregs of the rest of the league in general. It's frustrating.
    I've never hated a team more, no matter what happens they always come out smelling like a rose. They won two World Titles one with 83 wins and then last year after a historic Braves choke and Cruz and the BP blowing game 6. They let their best player go and their offense improves, they sign 35+ yo players and they have career years get guys off the scrap heap and become contributes and every rookie comes up and takes off if someone gets hurt.

Samardzija's control cost him the lead as he walks Berkman gives up a broken bat single to Molina then walks Carpenter to set up the SF to tie it 2-2.

Both pitchers very stingy. A truly boring game. The mighty Card bats are sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    They let their best player go and their offense improves/they sign 35+ yo players and they have career years...and every rookie comes up and takes off if someone gets hurt.
    Agreed, and those are the two things that sting the most, I think.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    Weakest division in baseball my ass. The only way I see that argument being made is bc of six teams and usually three of them are garbage whereas a four or five team division may only have one or two bottom dwellers. Invalid argument nonetheless. NL central race is the toughest in baseball, the 3rd place Cards would be 2nd and close to 1st in any other division.

The top 3 are good because the roll bad teams like its going out of style. Here are the records with NLc wins plus wins vs bottom 2 teams of the 4 other division not counting the strong ALe and the A's of ALw.

Reds 35-20
    Pirates 41-22
    Cards 41-28

Leaving....
    24-20 for Reds vs other
    16-20 for Pirates vs other
    13-18 for Cards vs other

We have the most legit claim to the division but we have to keep beating bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Other teams had a chance to sign those players you are thinking of, and many made offers. Don't hate on the Cards because the players chose St. Louis....sucess breeds sucess. Always has.

Going to the 7th now. Gotta expect some dam hitting as these guys don't do well late.

Kelly actually gives up a runner when Schumaker can pick a ball in the hole that BP eats up but Kelly gets the next two and Samardzija is out for James Russell who Cards eat alive and kicked off the 12 run inning last week. He has a 7.16 ERA in 20 career games vs Cards with a 1.90 WHIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Other teams had a chance to sign those players you are thinking of, and many made offers. Don't hate on the Cards because the players chose St. Louis....sucess breeds sucess. Always has.

Going to the 7th now. Gotta expect some dam hitting as these guys don't do well late.
    They get guys to take less to go there is what also sucks.

Russell gave up a hit to Skip L/L to start the inning then Jay pops a bunt back to him but and they botch the double off first but he gets Holliday to hit into a DP so maybe, just maybe the day is the day they lose again.

Turn Off Ads?