Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Votto playing in Dayton again Friday ?

Re: Votto playing in Dayton again Friday ?

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    But he's already reinjured it once, trying to do too much, too soon.
    No he didn't. They left a tiny piece of cartilage floating around in his knee after the first surgery. When he started doing physical activity again, it bothered him, he got an MRI, and they identified the problem.
    I do agree though, that it was probably silly to think Votto could play a few innings in two minor league games and be in playing shape. More likely he'll be ready after seven to ten games. The problem with that is, there are only so many minor league games left.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

2. Turn Off Ads?

Votto is not in the lineup for Dayton tonight. FWIW.

You are in our prayers Joey.

https://twitter.com/johnfayman/statu...81701019619328

Votto is playing in Dayton tonight. I'd expect him to join the #Reds Monday when they open series with Philly at home.
    https://twitter.com/johnfayman/statu...81701019619328

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    This whole thing is getting increasingly absurd, going back to having him do "sliding drills" three weeks post-surgery.

At least they cut those out after the last "minor" operation.

Spot on. That was classic "Dusty Logic."

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    No he didn't. They left a tiny piece of cartilage floating around in his knee after the first surgery. When he started doing physical activity again, it bothered him, he got an MRI, and they identified the problem.
    I do agree though, that it was probably silly to think Votto could play a few innings in two minor league games and be in playing shape. More likely he'll be ready after seven to ten games. The problem with that is, there are only so many minor league games left.
    IIRC, the final (and "clarified by the club") press report was that he re-injured it.

pulled in the 7th inning for a pinch runner

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...wmafx_dayafx_1

It doesn't seems like he is anywhere near ready to come back. When do you start to think about shutting him down for the year? At this point, I think he would be hurting the team.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Boy I sure hope he's back up close to 100% come playoff time. We've been fine without him. But I do not want to go into the playoffs without Votto being healthy!

They're obviously not too comfortable with sending him to Louisville. I think the whole thing with Dayton is the proximity to Cincinnati. No need to go to Chattanooga where he could see better pitching and a higher speed of play.

Dusty said Votto is not going to be playing today, we won't know if he's ready to rejoin the Reds until we get back to Cincinnati.

he will join the reds tomorrow is my guess. i don't know if he will be activated or not but id say when he's ready he will already be with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by jback76 View Post
    Boy I sure hope he's back up close to 100% come playoff time. We've been fine without him. But I do not want to go into the playoffs without Votto being healthy!
    If he is not then someone needs to call Paul Harvey.

Reds ‏@Reds
    1B Joey Votto will make another rehab appearance tomorrow for Louisville vs Indianapolis at 1:05 p.m. in the Bats’ final game of the season.

Turn Off Ads?