Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Votto playing in Dayton again Friday ?

I Love JESUS

Votto playing in Dayton again Friday ?

Joe Danneman @FOX19Joe
    Colleague in Dayton told me Joey Votto left gear in Dayton and will likely play there again Friday.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Votto playing in Dayton again Friday ?

From what ive heard on ORG Votto is still limping and isnt close to being ready to make a big impact. If thats the case then keep him in the Minor Leagues until obviously the first then rest him and have him pinch hit every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
    Joe Danneman @FOX19Joe
    Colleague in Dayton told me Joey Votto left gear in Dayton and will likely play there again Friday.
    Your playing the Astros this weekend. IMO, Votto can spend the weekend in Dayton and rejoin the Reds on the homestand if he is physically able.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    From what ive heard on ORG Votto is still limping and isnt close to being ready to make a big impact. If thats the case then keep him in the Minor Leagues until obviously the first then rest him and have him pinch hit every now and then
    Maybe someone can explain to me why Votto is even playing when he's still hobbling around and his knee is still swelling up?

This whole thing is getting increasingly absurd, going back to having him do "sliding drills" three weeks post-surgery.

At least they cut those out after the last "minor" operation.

He's the $251 million dollar man, and a year into the deal this team seems intent on making his knee problem a chronic thing.

the reason he's playing is b/c there's prob going be pain for some time. they want him back. he won't be 100% until next year my guess

I'm sure the knee is going to be sore for awhile, I have no problem with him playing through the pain and swelling, if there is no chance of him reinjuring it.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jback76 View Post
    I'm sure the knee is going to be sore for awhile, I have no problem with him playing through the pain and swelling, if there is no chance of him reinjuring it.
    But he's already reinjured it once, trying to do too much, too soon.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Here come the house doctors....if the "real" doctors say he is fine then let him play. I really doubt the Reds would let him play if the odds of him getting re-injured were to high, even if it meant we had to go into the playoffs with what we have right now.
    Someone must have went on WEBMD!!!

While I do think it is dumb to play a guy that is not yet a 100%, this is the last chance for him to test it in real game time. The Dragons only have 2 games left at home before the season ends and the rosters expand and I would rather him test his knee out there than up in the majors where it could cost us a win if he injures it mid game.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    But he's already reinjured it once, trying to do too much, too soon.
    It just seems like they're babying the knee to much to me. He didn't have knee replacement surgery. It's going to be sore for a while play through it. My right knee has been bothering me for about 20 years now.

We attended the Dragons game Wednesday night. Votto didn't look ready to be activated.

Quote Originally Posted by standerson View Post
    We attended the Dragons game Wednesday night. Votto didn't look ready to be activated.
    Did he look like it was really hurting him? Or did it look like he was just afraid to go all out on the knee?

I read a local interview where he said the knee was still hurting or bothering him.

Last night he wasn't going all out. He was on first and the batter into a double play. He jogged towards 2nd and just peeled off torwards the outfield about 1/2 way down.

I didn't notice him limping but he continually tugged at, what I assume, was a brace on his knee.

So much for a simple 20-30 minute procedure and he'll be back in 3 or 4 weeks. No need to rush him with such a commanding lead.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    So much for a simple 20-30 minute procedure and he'll be back in 3 or 4 weeks. No need to rush him with such a commanding lead.
    its not rushing him back. theres like 30 games left + playoffs. there not just going to throw him out there game 1 of the playoffs. they will take it slow

Turn Off Ads?