Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: September Call Ups

September Call Ups

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...|topnews|text|

CALL-UPS
    The Reds will announce the September call-ups Friday. Three of them will join the club Saturday in Houston; three will join the club Tuesday.

Devin Mesoraco will be back on Sunday the first day hes eligible to return.

Todd Redmond, Logan Ondrusek and Bill Bray are top candidates to join the club Saturday.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: September Call Ups

Triple A
    Todd Redmond
    Mesoraco
    Bray
    Ondrusek

Outside chance:
    Christiani
    Gregorius
    H-Rodriguez
    Dennis Phipps
    Felix Perez

Double A
    Hamilton?
    Corcino?
    Cingrani?

I'd kill to see Cingrani and Corcino get a major league start in September. Same with seeing Hamilton.

I wish the Reds would push this to a 10+ game lead so maybe we could see these guys. I know Hamilton is scheduled to go to the AZL though.

Not sure about the minor league OFers. We already have a logjam.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Excited to see the Votto guy finally get a chance at the big leagues. Supposed to have a sweet swing...

Since they said Mesoraco would be back Sunday, I will say Rodriquez and Gregorious will be two of them. I don't think there is another pitcher in AAA worthy of being called up. I don't believe they will call up any from AA either. So I will go out on the limb and say it will be Hamilton who they will call up. But, still, it would surprise me if they do.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Triple A
    Todd Redmond
    Mesoraco
    Bray
    Ondrusek

Outside chance:
    Christiani
    Gregorius
    H-Rodriguez
    Dennis Phipps
    Felix Perez

Double A
    Hamilton?
    Corcino?
    Cingrani?

I'd kill to see Cingrani and Corcino get a major league start in September. Same with seeing Hamilton.

I wish the Reds would push this to a 10+ game lead so maybe we could see these guys. I know Hamilton is scheduled to go to the AZL though.

Not sure about the minor league OFers. We already have a logjam.
    In order to bring Hamilton, Corcino, or Cingrani up, we would have to clear spots on the 40-man roster. It could happen, but I think it is a longshot. I would not expect to see them up. You are right in that Mes, Redmond, Bray, and Ondrusek will be brought back up. With Votto coming off the DL, that gives us 30 players on the roster. I would love to see one more infielder brought in, to take ABs over Cairo. At this point, I don't care which one, as I am sure they can hit better than .165.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Excited to see the Votto guy finally get a chance at the big leagues. Supposed to have a sweet swing...
    I believe he is from Canada. He cant be good coming from there.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

He's no Scott Hatteberg.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

He better not be a base clogger!
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He's no Scott Hatteberg.
    I do worry we won't see this Votto kid much...Dusty does love vets...

OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I believe he is from Canada. He cant be good coming from there.
    Don't all the good Canadian athletes play hockey anyway?

I hope he does well in Cincy in his early years because Toronto will surely come and swoop him up when he becomes a free agent. Maybe we could trade him to them for the rights to Cito Gaston and that Encarnacion kid they have.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

he does really love coffee as well. That is not scrappy
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

-The Insider-

I'd guess:

Valaika, Ondrusek, Mesoraco, Redmond, Didi and Kanekoa Texeira.

Here are the callups. No Hamilton. Gregorious,Phipps,Pedro Villareal,Ondrusek,Redmond and Mez are the ones.

Oh forgot Henry Rodriquez.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...unce-call-ups/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

-The Insider-

No Valaika. Hmm. And Henry Rodriguez gets called up to.

Turn Off Ads?