Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What do YOU want to talk about?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: What do YOU want to talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Does anyone else miss the days of Blue, Green, Yellow, and Red seats? Getting offered Blue seats was an amazing thrill.
    My work has four 4-seat sets from the green, blue, and red sections set up in our cafeteria/break area (our owner got them after they started tearing down Riverfront/Cinergy Field) and I always smile when I have to sit in them for meetings. Fun memories but I like the current seat configuration much better!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just wondering why this isn't used, ever.

cool.

I found this the other day and need to start using it myself, actually.

< Mama's Happy Hot Dammit!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Hey Phil, you wearing a shirt?
    Oh, that made my day.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Nice try Heather, but I've decoded your message to see what you REALLY are wanting to talk about.
    ROFLMAO!!! Excellent.

I picked a bunch of cherry tomatoes in my garden last night and brought them to munch on at my desk today. They were red.

I would like to talk about the nate gives out high fives like he can print them in his basement but he's never given me one.

We're facebook friends, no high five.

I know the name of his dog, Gordy. No high five.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I would like to talk about the nate gives out high fives like he can print them in his basement but he's never given me one.

You don't tell Barry White, "nice job" after he finishes Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

High five!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

Because this thread is so awesome, I Gordy and I combine to give it a:

High fourteen!

(Gordy has an odd number of toes on one paw)

Walt still messed up by trading for Valdez and wasting a good resource in Horst. How bad is Valdez that you yearn for Janish?

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Only thing better than get offered Blue seats was sneaking past the ushers on the ramps (usually by getting in close to a big group and walking quickly) and getting your Blue seat for $5.
    You wasted a buck fifty a ticket. $3.50 top six and quickly flash the usher some old blue seat tickets at the ramp gate. Personally the green between first and third were the best seats in Riverfront. Don't think the yellows actually went behind the plate, that was the ghost level.

Let's talk about the "Reds/Redus" scoreboard changing graphic. Ahead of the times scoreboard technology and about as creative as the 80's Reds marketing dept could script.

The Mariner bullpen boat should be in Cooperstown. The MLB version of the Sooner Schooner....

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Does anyone else miss the days of Blue, Green, Yellow, and Red seats? Getting offered Blue seats was an amazing thrill.
    What I didn't understand was why the Reds made their best seats the color blue? Was the designer a Dodger fan?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    What I didn't understand was why the Reds made their best seats the color blue? Was the designer a Dodger fan?
    I never did understand the color scheme. You'd think the Bengals would have worked an orange level into the lease.

The days of the multipurpose dual use stadiums. AstroTurf, the disaster known as the King Dome, the Baggy in Minneapolis, the 5 for 1 cookie-cutter Politburo designs in Cincy, St Louis, Philly, Pitt and Atlanta. Man was Fulton County stadium a crap hole of a park. Three Rivers was actually very nicely kept and much nicer inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Walt still messed up by trading for Valdez and wasting a good resource in Horst. How bad is Valdez that you yearn for Janish?
    For the millionth time, Horst had already been DFA'd, and eligible for free agency. Every team could have had him for nothing. He wasn't considered an asset. He was a throw away AAA piece for the Phillies when they decided they needed some depth late in spring training.

His likely future is middle relief dreck. I just don't see the love affair with the guy (albeit, he has surprised probably everyone in baseball with the year he has had).

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post

Just wondering why this isn't used, ever.

cool.

I found this the other day and need to start using it myself, actually.

< Mama's Happy Hot Dammit!
    Back in the day, we had a bunch of these floating heads for use on here.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I want to talk about Stubbs not batting higher than 7th the rest of the season.

Turn Off Ads?