Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juan Pierre Clears Waivers

Juan Pierre Clears Waivers

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...s-waivers.html

Phillies outfielder Juan Pierre has cleared waivers, Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter). If the Phillies trade Pierre before midnight, he'll be eligible to play in the postseason.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...s-waivers.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Juan Pierre Clears Waivers

I hope the Braves get him honestly.

We could let Bourn leave and have Pierre for a year.

For any team, I wonder what the asking price is.....
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Would love to have this guy at the top of the order, but not sure how the OF would be configured especially if Bruce is staying in right.

He's a pesky out and base runner. 367 plate appearances and only 20 Ks.

I'd love to improve this bench for the postseason. I kinda wish they had gotten Overbay earlier. I've lost all patience with Cairo and Valdez doesn't do a whole lot for me. Pierre is clearly an upgrade over either.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

If he cleared waivers, doesn't that already mean that the Reds and everyone else didn't want him?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

MAKE IT HAPPEN WALT! Maybe the boat didn't pass us yet! He'd be the perfect lead off hitter and then we could keep K Stubbs on the bench. Stubbs could easily become one of the elite benchwarmers in the league! Seriously though, Stubbs would be a great pinch fielder and pinch runner.

Or they could just trade him straight up for Juan.
    Last edited by Red Buckeye; 08-31-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    MAKE IT HAPPEN WALT! Maybe the boat didn't pass us yet! He'd be the perfect lead off hitter and then we could keep K Stubbs on the bench. Stubbs could easily become one of the elite benchwarmers in the league! Seriously though, Stubbs would be a great pinch fielder and pinch runner.

Or they could just trade him straight up for Juan.
    Defense Defense Defense. You saw what kind of arm he had in the Reds series. Stubbs does not get enough credit for his outstanding defense.

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Defense Defense Defense. You saw what kind of arm he had in the Reds series. Stubbs does not get enough credit for his outstanding defense.
    It's good defense, not outstanding. He's not quite Janish of the outfield that many think around here.

Not interested personally. Besides it would mess with the Reds team chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    I would take's Juans offense over K Stubbs defense anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by jback76 View Post
    Not interested personally. Besides it would mess with the Reds team chemistry.
    I agree. I think that at this point by changing personnel it affects much more than you think.

I'm sure Stubbs' teammates are pulling for him but, bottom line is, this is a business whose success depends on winning. If there's somebody out there that is available and gives them a better shot of winning games, I believe the players woluld be all in. Their livliehoods depend on it.

It's good defense, not outstanding. He's not quite Janish of the outfield that many think around here.
    Quoted for truth.

id bring him he would be a definite upgrade over valdez and cairo.

Maybe his defense is weak, that doesnt necessarily mean the guy is playing evryday. He is can spot start, PH.

What ever his role would be it provides more than the bottom of the bench.

It's absolutely amazing to me that any Reds fan wouldn't want this guy at the top of the order.

Turn Off Ads?