6. Todd Frazier (R) 1B
    7. Scott Rolen (R) 3B
    8. Ryan Hanigan (R) C
    9. Homer Bailey (R) P

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs. Astros Saturday 9-1

Stubbs sat down for a grand total of ONE game then is still batting 2nd

They reported that Dusty, Jacoby and Stubbs had a long meeting before yesterday's game. I'll wait a week or two and see how the PT between Stubbs and Heisey plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Stubbs sat down for a grand total of ONE game then is still batting 2nd
    He only sat 7 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    They reported that Dusty, Jacoby and Stubbs had a long meeting before yesterday's game. I'll wait a week or two and see how the PT between Stubbs and Heisey plays out.
    Maybe it's a scenario where Stubbs plays against lefties....and if a righty is starting for the Stros, well I guess Dusty, Drew and Brook just braided each other's hair for 30 min

No....Harrell is a righty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Maybe it's a scenario where Stubbs plays against lefties....and if a righty is starting for the Stros, well I guess Dusty, Drew and Brook just braided each other's hair for 30 min
    Or maybe they made a swing adjustment? He's not a great hitter but he obviously isn't as bad as he was playing.

My guess is the playing time will be 50/50 until Votto comes back (whenever that is)...then I think Bruce will get some time there.

What happened to playing the hot bat? When the get to October Stubbs better see the starting lineup only if there is a lefty on the mound or if he somehow gets hot the last week of the season.

The Reds have such a lead, I do not have to root for Bailey anymore. It is imperative he is kicked out of the rotation. Another horrible start against the historically bad Stros would seal the deal of that.

I can't believe Stubbs is starting again. Unbeliveable.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    What happened to playing the hot bat? When the get to October Stubbs better see the starting lineup only if there is a lefty on the mound or if he somehow gets hot the last week of the season.
    I've never been under the impression that Dusty plays the hot bat, when he says it I take it more as coach speak. Winning streaks, losing streaks, hot bats, whatever...I've always felt like Dusty is looking big picture when he makes the lineup card.

Wants to give guys a chance to get out of slumps, wants plenty of rest for veterans, wants all of his bench players to see regular time to stay sharp...just like he's wanting to maintain a well oiled machine as we get to crunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    The Reds have such a lead, I do not have to root for Bailey anymore. It is imperative he is kicked out of the rotation. Another horrible start against the historically bad Stros would seal the deal of that.

Hate to break it to ya, but a bad start for Bailey will not get him kicked from the rotation. Not sure if Homer kicked your dog or what, but your hatred for him is rather amusing

Or maybe they made a swing adjustment? He's not a great hitter but he obviously isn't as bad as he was playing.

My guess is the playing time will be 50/50 until Votto comes back (whenever that is)...then I think Bruce will get some time there.
    Swing adjustment? You think they waited long enough? Lol

It's not obvious that he's better than he is. He has declined for 3 straight years. He's hitting .224 with a 13% line drive %....beats out a good bit of crap hits.

I can't think of a player in MLB history with more opportunities for continuous play, regardless of offensive ineptness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Swing adjustment? You think they waited long enough? Lol

It's not obvious that he's better than he is. He has declined for 3 straight years. He's hitting .224 with a 13% line drive %....beats out a good bit of crap hits.

I can't think of a player in MLB history with more opportunities for continuous play, regardless of offensive ineptness.
    I meant for his recent slump, nobody is that bad. It worked with Rolen when he was a .100ish hitter. But yeah, I really have no idea what the meeting was about and we'll never know. If in a couple of weeks we see that it's 50/50 Heisey and Stubbs then we'll know that it was probably to let him know that he was in a straight platoon from now until told otherwise.

I meant for his recent slump, nobody is that bad. It worked with Rolen when he was a .100ish hitter. But yeah, I really have no idea what the meeting was about and we'll never know. If in a couple of weeks we see that it's 50/50 Heisey and Stubbs then we'll know that it was probably to let him know that he was in a straight platoon from now until told otherwise.
    I'll just wait to believe it when I see it. Since his call up Stubbs has had every opportunity to play and I assume he'll play at least 25 games this month (likely 25 starts)

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post

You've never rooted for Bailey. It's why you post crazy thread after crazy thread about his removal from the rotation. You were doing this even when he was pitching at a very high level earlier in the year.

Everyone here gets that you hate Homer.

Turn Off Ads?