Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Castellini: We want Dusty for "years to come"

Castellini: We want Dusty for "years to come"

Bob would also like to see Dusty go into the Hall of Fame as a Cincinnati Red.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Castellini: We want Dusty for "years to come"

Cast never said he wanted Dusty to stay on as manager after this year, jus that he wanted him in the organization. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but maybe he sees Dusty getting a promotion to the front office after this year. Dusty gets to semi-retire, but still stay in the game.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cast never said he wanted Dusty to stay on as manager after this year, jus that he wanted him in the organization. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but maybe he sees Dusty getting a promotion to the front office after this year. Dusty gets to semi-retire, but still stay in the game.
    You're reading too much into it. Dusty wouldn't go into the Hall of Fame as a special advisor to the general manager.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Dusty has never sat in an office that was not in a clubhouse, if not there he'd probably prefer to sit on a boat in the Sacramento Delta.

He did say this:

"He's done a heck of a job. A heck of a job, you bet. He's a heck of a guy," Castellini said. "I'd like to see him add a World Series win with us and go into the Hall of Fame as a Red."

Of course he could win the WS this year and be signed to a front office job. But I really do think he meant he wanted him as manager.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I like Dusty.

Most of what people complain about with him (lineups, relief pitcher usage, etc.) is repeated on 29 other message boards every single day.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Dusty certainly has issues and a lot of his decisions make you want to bang your head against the wall but as long this team keeps winning with him I think we would be stupid to let him go. Bottom line is as long as I get to cheer for the Reds in the playoffs every year I don't care what the lineup card looks like.

I am proud to have Dusty Baker manage the Cincinnati Reds.

He was at the helm bringing us out of the Lost Decade and is on the brink of taking us to the playoffs for the second time in three seasons.

The players absolutely love him and that means a million times more to me than what we as fans think of him.

I echo Bob Castellini's thoughts. I hope he wins a World Championship in Cincinnati and rides into Cooperstown wearing a Reds hat.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Dusty has never sat in an office that was not in a clubhouse, if not there he'd probably prefer to sit on a boat in the Sacramento Delta.
    I agree, I can't imagine Dusty wanting to hang up his uniform anytime soon. He lives for the game on the field. Just a thought about what Cast might be thinking.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    Dusty certainly has issues and a lot of his decisions make you want to bang your head against the wall but as long this team keeps winning with him I think we would be stupid to let him go. Bottom line is as long as I get to cheer for the Reds in the playoffs every year I don't care what the lineup card looks like.
    this
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I like Dusty.

Most of what people complain about with him (lineups, relief pitcher usage, etc.) is repeated on 29 other message boards every single day.
    Wow, I never knew there were so many dedicated Reds boards out there

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    The players absolutely love him and that means a million times more to me than what we as fans think of him.
    Amen!~ I get so tired of hearing the Dusty bashers scream for his head as if they really matter anyway. If you hate Dusty that bad you might as well go root for your second favorite team until they fire him. Some people let their Dusty hate go way too far. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone on RZ as much as some of the poor folks I see on the Enquirers message board. There are some seriously deranged individuals messaging there who seem to live in a "hate Dusty Universe".

I like Dusty.

My sentiments exactly.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I like Dusty.

This. SO much this.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

I have cursed Dusty and I have loved Dusty.....its part of being Manager of a MLB club....you are going to get no credit when you win and all the credit when you lose....

I supervise 22 grown men at my job and if they mess up, they get in trouble, if they continue to mess up and cost my company money then I lose a job....its part of life and it doesnt mean its right but it does mean thats how it goes..

If Dusty can find ways to win while making stupid moves with the lineup or with in game decisions then I am all for it, the problem is that Dusty has tried to defend himself to the media and the second he opens his mouth he has lost....not to mention when he brings up stats and they are totally wrong does not help his cause one bit. bottom line as stated above, win and your gold and us fans will love you till the day you start losing. Thats what he gets paid millions for, to make those calls and put the weight on his shoulders.

Turn Off Ads?