Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 112

Thread: 2012 NL MVP

  1. #91
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,694

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Something else to consider. Could it be another pitcher again this year? Could the BBWA go completely off the rails and name, say, Aroldis Chapman the MVP?
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #92
    Member Superdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,807

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Something else to consider. Could it be another pitcher again this year? Could the BBWA go completely off the rails and name, say, Aroldis Chapman the MVP?
    I can't see it. Chapman and Kimbrel are the only pitchers putting up historic, standout type seasons. I would imagine if there is some writers in the market for MVP closers, they would split enough votes to keep both of them out of the race. I'd say Posey's got the upper hand right now if the Giants hold on.

  4. #93
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,694

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I can't see it. Chapman and Kimbrel are the only pitchers putting up historic, standout type seasons. I would imagine if there is some writers in the market for MVP closers, they would split enough votes to keep both of them out of the race. I'd say Posey's got the upper hand right now if the Giants hold on.
    I think maybe to us thats true. But Chapman had flair, the triple digits fastball, all the K's. Plus, the Reds are going to win this division, and the Braves might not even make the playoffs.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  5. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    14,321

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Buster Posey will win the MVP based on a two minute review of the stats.

  6. #95
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,694

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Buster Posey will win the MVP based on a two minute review of the stats.
    Probably so, yes.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  7. #96
    Bunn-O-matic max venable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Posts
    2,745

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Jay being Jay...

    After a torrid stretch that earned him co-NL player of the week honors, Jay has now gone 0 for his last 9.

    If history repeats itself, that will soon become a 1-17....3-29 type slump. Oh well...it was fun to think about him winning an MVP for a little while.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

  8. #97
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,481

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Jay being Jay...

    After a torrid stretch that earned him co-NL player of the week honors, Jay has now gone 0 for his last 9.

    If history repeats itself, that will soon become a 1-17....3-29 type slump. Oh well...it was fun to think about him winning an MVP for a little while.
    Oh my God.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  9. #98
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,909

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    0-9, might as well release him now.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  10. #99
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    28,450

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Buster Posey will win the MVP based on a two minute review of the stats.
    Well, it's either Posey, Braun or McCutchen. I'd say any of those three would be a good choice.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

    I'm witchcrafting everybody.

  11. #100
    Member VR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    8,592

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    I wonder if Brandon Phillips doesn't get a healthy share of votes, ala Barry Larkin's 95 season.

    He's been the one constant this year....and his defense this month alone has been all over the tube.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

  12. #101
    Bunn-O-matic max venable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Posts
    2,745

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Oh my God.
    Bruce is now 0 for his last 13.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

  13. #102
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,759

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Well, it's either Posey, Braun or McCutchen. I'd say any of those three would be a good choice.
    Braun may well get it if the Brewers come close.

    Posey is a deserving choice.

    McCutheon has been pretty putrid the second half as the Pirates have dropped like a stone. He's has zero chance unless him and the Pirates quickly reverse their trend. Since McCutheon was unlikley to maintain an unrealistic BABIP, he's simply regressed like the Pirates.

  14. #103
    Member Nasty_Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    1st Place... Finally
    Posts
    1,191

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Jay just missed 3 HRs tonight... Two balls to deep CF track and yanked one just foul down the LF line. Baseball evens out or guys wouldn't ever cool off after a torrid stretch and hitting .400+ would be the norm. He's hit at least 5-6 balls hard during that 0-13
    I know a lot of people are talking about his on-base percentage (.308 in 2008), but I like to think more in terms of him his in-scoring position percentage. - Our Beloved Manager

  15. #104
    Bunn-O-matic max venable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Posts
    2,745

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Oh my God.
    Bruce is now 0 for his last 17. Oh. My. God backatya.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

  16. #105
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,967

    Re: 2012 NL MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Bruce is now 0 for his last 17. Oh. My. God backatya.
    There are 11 players in the NL with an OPS higher than Bruce.

    What exactly is your point?

    It's likely not a very good one.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25