Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Monday, 9-3-12 Minor-League Updates

Monday, 9-3-12 Minor-League Updates

Votto 0-3 with 2 K and an E. He seems to have blended right in with the Bats, who lost 2-0. Gustafson and Christiani pitched well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Monday, 9-3-12 Minor-League Updates

Hamilton's 1-2 with a 2B and was picked off second.

Obispo: 4 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K. ERA 2.23.

Pensacola trails 1-0 after five.

Dayton did some hitting today (16) in a 7-3 win. Jefry Siera had three, Buckley two with a HR (14).

The increasingly impressive Ismael Guillon: 7 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 9 K. ERA 2.55. Muhammad and Kemp finished.

Something I never seen at a Minor League game and I been to about 100 since 2004:

With only one out, Bryson Smith catches a fly ball thinking its two outs. He then throws the ball to a family in the stands. The baserunner advances all the way to third and the players are laughing.

You could tell these players minds are elsewhere today.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Jeff Larish of the Indianapolis Milk Sippers was attempting to play all 9 positions today but rain ended that experiment. When Larish went into to pitch, the Indianapolis pitcher played second. He was a one-man right side of the diamond. Here is a picture of Jose Diaz and, trust me, nothing got through the right side of the diamond while he manning second base.

Mark Serrano relieved Obispo and the floodgates opened. Serrano gave up six runs in his three innings of work. Pensacola falls 8-1. Blue Fish had seven hits. Two by Hamilton, two by Fellhauer (.314) and three by Brodie Greene.

Taylor Wrenn, recently called up from Billings, was 2 for 5 today.

Juan Duran started the game in left field and batting first. He played the top half of the first in left. Struck out in the bottom half of the first. In the top half of the second he went to center and Theo Bowe went to left. In the top of the third Muller replaced Duran and Bowe went back to center. Not even guess as to why that happened. Tim Crabbe pitched a solid five. 5IP 4H 1ER 1BB 5K. McMyne and Brackman came on and worked three scoreless innings in relief. The ninth got a bit dicey. Carlos Contreras gave up three runs and Michael Dennhardt came on to register the final out. Selsky (.348), Mattair and D'Anna all went deep. Muller, Mattair and D'Anna had multiple hits. Bakersfield wins 7-4.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Juan Duran started the game in left field and batting first. He played the top half of the first in left. Struck out in the bottom half of the first. In the top half of the second he went to center and Theo Bowe went to left. In the top of the third Muller replaced Duran and Bowe went back to center. Not even guess as to why that happened. Tim Crabbe pitched a solid five. 5IP 4H 1ER 1BB 5K. McMyne and Brackman came on and worked three scoreless innings in relief. The ninth got a bit dicey. Carlos Contreras gave up three runs and Michael Dennhardt came on to register the final out. Selsky (.348), Mattair and D'Anna all went deep. Muller, Mattair and D'Anna had multiple hits. Bakersfield wins 7-4.
    Sounds like some Tony LaRussa stuff right there.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Last day of the year (sans playoffs which start Saturday for the Blaze).... maybe they let the players put together the line up?

Missoula's up 5-0, so Billings will likely have to win to remain in first place. After four, it's 2-2. Amaral and Maddox have a couple safeties. Langfield has been replaced by Amezcua.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Something I never seen at a Minor League game and I been to about 100 since 2004:

With only one out, Bryson Smith catches a fly ball thinking its two outs. He then throws the ball to a family in the stands. The baserunner advances all the way to third and the players are laughing.

You could tell these players minds are elsewhere today.
    Yeah I saw that too. Hey my man I can't say I ever saw you out there this year, what's your name?
    Pensacola Blue Wahoos Fan
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ryeinc

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Jeff Larish of the Indianapolis Milk Sippers was attempting to play all 9 positions today but rain ended that experiment. When Larish went into to pitch, the Indianapolis pitcher played second. He was a one-man right side of the diamond. Here is a picture of Jose Diaz and, trust me, nothing got through the right side of the diamond while he manning second base.

Did that guy get kicked off the football team for not using enough ped's or what.

Winker singled in one and Jon Matthews doubled in two to put Billings up 5-2 in the ninth.

Amezcua in relief: 4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 7 K.

Jesus Adames closed it out for Billings, which remains in position for a playoff berth.

Turn Off Ads?