Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lineup Order Doesn't Matter

Lineup Order Doesn't Matter

That's good news! Otherwise, I worry about my recent trip through the stats.

Of every player in the National League that is on pace to have enough plate appearances to qualify for a batting title.....or any title that is based on a percentage.

Drew Stubbs is dead last in OB% and Zack Cozart is next to last...in the entire NL. Stubbs also holds last place in OPS.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lineup Order Doesn't Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post

Of every player in the National League that is on pace to have enough plate appearances to qualify for a batting title.....or any title that is based on a percentage.

Drew Stubbs is dead last in OB% and Zack Cozart is next to last...in the entire NL. Stubbs also holds last place in OPS.
    If he was leading in strikeouts he would be well on his way to the Backwards Triple Crown.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Lineup Order Doesn't Matter. But crappy hitting does.

lineup order does matter. you can think all you want but id bet money if i made the lineup we could score more runs overall.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    lineup order does matter. you can think all you want but id bet money if i made the lineup we could score more runs overall.
    There was some sarcasm in there.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    There was some sarcasm in there.
    I would certainly hope so.

i think i heard lance m say he really does not think lineup matters.

some people really do think it means nothing

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

You'd have just as much success drawing the lineup out of a hat as the way Dusty Baker does it. And I'm dead serious.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

After reading that last stat, I find it mind boggling that a major league manager this far into the season would continue to have Cozart and Stubbs at the top of the order. Has no one pointed this out to Baker? Walt or anyone else?

He made it worse tonight....Stubbs/Valdez are at the top

Maybe Stubbs is being rewarded tonight since he broke his 12 game strikeout streak last night by just going 0-for-4 without whiffing. Scoot down a little farther on the bench Mr. Heisey.

Maybe Dusty let's his son make out the lineup card and he's a big Drew Stubbs fan.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Just means another night where 8-10 PAs are basically forfeited to the opponent.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

The last statement written here by Iron should be read out loud to Dusty. I knew they were bad but that is awesome. It's actually the complete opposite of how most managers would put their first two hitters. Dusty has his two worst OBP guys in the NL hitting 1 and 2.

It is a dead horse but it still amazes me as much now as it did in June. As Marty would say, it's simply mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    You'd have just as much success drawing the lineup out of a hat as the way Dusty Baker does it. And I'm dead serious.
    Possibly even more. And I'm dead serious too.

Turn Off Ads?