Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
Tubs hasnt changed:

Within the last couple of months, new Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville has been accused of going postal on an assistant coach, leaving Texas Tech recruits in the middle of dinner to accept a new job, and now running off longtime recruits at Cincy (AP)

Pebblebrook High School defensive back Demetrius Monday de-committed from Cincinnati on Thursday after never hearing from new coach Tommy Tuberville.

I think its messed up, his father, Bryant Monday, told the AJC. You wait until a few weeks before signing day to say something? They could have told us a month ago.

Now were left with less than a month until signing day to figure something out. He had other scholarship offers but he hasnt talked to other coaches in six months since he committed to Cincinnati on July 25.

Its really disappointing.

The 5-foot-10, 180-pound Monday said he committed to Cincinnati over Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Ball State, Ohio and Georgia State, among others, last summer. Tuberville was hired by Cincinnati on Dec. 8. After not hearing from the new staff, the elder Monday finally called up the football offices this week.

They told us to look other places, Monday said. Im in Los Angeles on vacation, and I just got the bad news.

The thing is, weve talked to some other kids committed to Cincinnati. They say the same thing, that they havent heard from the staff. Basically (Tuberville) isnt calling anybody, hes trying to get the kids to de-commit on their own.

Its a bad situation.

He did this at Auburn and Texas Tech.
I've heard no reports of him of "going postal" on an assistant coach; he did not leave dinner to accept another job as he wasn't even contacted by Whit until the next day; and, coaches don't extend offers to the previous coach's recruits ALL THE TIME.