Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Why would the ACC care about luxury box revenue? Is that shared with the league?
    That's not what I meant. Two of the reasons the ACC chose Louisville over UC is due to their facilities being newer and more equipped than UC's, and also because of their athletic department's revenue. UC is addressing some of those items with this upgrade. They are showing the ACC they are serious about investing in their football program to make it "big-time", and they are going to generate more revenue for their athletics department. The ACC wants schools that will prove that they are serious about competing on the highest level, and Louisville has clearly shown that through their investments in athletics over the past decade. UC is taking steps towards showing that they are serious about competing on the highest level right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Bearcats helmet for the Belk Bowl ...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I do really like the helmets.

The stadium, meh. If it gets them a real conference invite, then it works.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I do really like the helmets.

The stadium, meh. If it gets them a real conference invite, then it works.
    I like it. The conference invite part is critical though. I think the premium seat revenue model works, but how well does it work when you have Temple, Memphis, and Tulane on the schedule every season?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I like it. The conference invite part is critical though. I think the premium seat revenue model works, but how well does it work when you have Temple, Memphis, and Tulane on the schedule every season?
    Obviously you scale prices to match product -- but, Toeldo manages to sell luxury boxes playing a "who cares" MAC schedule, so there should be at least some model that will work for pricing on games against similarly "who cares" opponents.

The good news for UC is that they'll move a lot of product solely on people wanting to get in on the ground floor and be the first people to own a box or purchase premium seating. If they're smart, they'll offer the boxes on 5-10yr leases, which will buy them time to sort the conference situation out before the leases come up for renewal.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...0101/312170156

Apparently, the money is also paying to renovate the concourses around the stadium -- including the concession areas and restrooms (which do desperately need it).

Still, seems like an awful lot of cash for not a lot of potential ROI (even factoring in the increased cost of luxury suites and "premium" tickets).
    Based on some rough calculations, we're talking an extra $5 million per year for these additions. By itself, you could argue the project isn't worthwhile. But consider this as an entry fee into a new conference and is worth an additional $15 million per year.

I do wish they will extend the club seating to the full-length of the pavilion prior to finalizing the plans (assuming they can do so within structural and code limitations).
    Last edited by paintmered; 12-18-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Obviously you scale prices to match product -- but, Toeldo manages to sell luxury boxes playing a "who cares" MAC schedule, so there should be at least some model that will work for pricing on games against similarly "who cares" opponents.

The good news for UC is that they'll move a lot of product solely on people wanting to get in on the ground floor and be the first people to own a box or purchase premium seating. If they're smart, they'll offer the boxes on 5-10yr leases, which will buy them time to sort the conference situation out before the leases come up for renewal.
    I won't pretend to act like I know the situation in Toledo very well, but it seems to me that there isn't a whole lot of competition for luxury suites. You have the Rockets and.......? The Mud Hens? That's in a metro area with a population of roughly 600k. By contrast, Cincinnati has tremendous competition in the luxury suite market. Aside from the Bearcats, corporate buyers can get nice luxury boxes with the Bengals, Reds, and even Xavier basketball.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

That was a fun game. Duke went from about to go up a touchdown with 2 minutes left in the game to losing by 2 touchdowns.

Great way to end the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    That was a fun game. Duke went from about to go up a touchdown with 2 minutes left in the game to losing by 2 touchdowns.

Great way to end the year.
    Very exciting while listening on the radio. Unfortunately I couldn't watch it on TV because the restaurant I was at was closing...

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Maybe. But if the league would dissolve, would it be immediate leaving all schools scrambling to fill schedules or join a conference? I have to believe next year's schedule is pretty safe.
    Boise just announced that they're staying in the MWC. I don't see how the big east will exist next season.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Boise just announced that they're staying in the MWC. I don't see how the big east will exist next season.
    Haha, you were right. What a mess...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Tommy Tuberville... Making friends...

http://fridaynightohio.com/news/sund...-getting-along
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Tommy Tuberville... Making friends...

http://fridaynightohio.com/news/sund...-getting-along

Meh, its hard for me to worry about this one. Tommy Tuberville and Co. will have no problem getting recruits IMO. If one coach isn't happy with him because he may have pulled a scholarship offer then fine. Honestly, there has to be something else to that. If memory serves, Kempt was reported to have reopened his recruitment really early in the process. He claims to have decommitted only after his offer was pulled, which may even be technically true, but he was reportedly already planning to visit other schools, including Tennessee, before his official "decommitment." It is no suprise that Kempt would reopen his recruitment to include the school where Jones, and more importantly Kempt's brother, ended up. The coaches obviously felt that he would not end up at UC, so they moved on to other QB targets. Something tells me this may be a coach looking for attention or a reason to be mad at UC.

Tubs hasnt changed:

Within the last couple of months, new Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville has been accused of going postal on an assistant coach, leaving Texas Tech recruits in the middle of dinner to accept a new job, and now running off longtime recruits at Cincy (AP)

Pebblebrook High School defensive back Demetrius Monday de-committed from Cincinnati on Thursday after never hearing from new coach Tommy Tuberville.

“I think it’s messed up,” his father, Bryant Monday, told the AJC. “You wait until a few weeks before signing day to say something? They could have told us a month ago.

“Now we’re left with less than a month until signing day to figure something out. He had other scholarship offers but he hasn’t talked to other coaches in six months … since he committed to Cincinnati on July 25.

“It’s really disappointing.”

The 5-foot-10, 180-pound Monday said he committed to Cincinnati over Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Ball State, Ohio and Georgia State, among others, last summer. Tuberville was hired by Cincinnati on Dec. 8. After not hearing from the new staff, the elder Monday finally called up the football offices this week.

“They told us to ‘look other places,’” Monday said. “I’m in Los Angeles on vacation, and I just got the bad news.

“The thing is, we’ve talked to some other kids committed to Cincinnati. They say the same thing, that they haven’t heard from the staff. Basically (Tuberville) isn’t calling anybody, he’s trying to get the kids to de-commit on their own.

“It’s a bad situation.”

He did this at Auburn and Texas Tech.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Tubs hasnt changed:

Within the last couple of months, new Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville has been accused of going postal on an assistant coach, leaving Texas Tech recruits in the middle of dinner to accept a new job, and now running off longtime recruits at Cincy (AP)

Pebblebrook High School defensive back Demetrius Monday de-committed from Cincinnati on Thursday after never hearing from new coach Tommy Tuberville.

“I think it’s messed up,” his father, Bryant Monday, told the AJC. “You wait until a few weeks before signing day to say something? They could have told us a month ago.

“Now we’re left with less than a month until signing day to figure something out. He had other scholarship offers but he hasn’t talked to other coaches in six months … since he committed to Cincinnati on July 25.

“It’s really disappointing.”

The 5-foot-10, 180-pound Monday said he committed to Cincinnati over Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Ball State, Ohio and Georgia State, among others, last summer. Tuberville was hired by Cincinnati on Dec. 8. After not hearing from the new staff, the elder Monday finally called up the football offices this week.

“They told us to ‘look other places,’” Monday said. “I’m in Los Angeles on vacation, and I just got the bad news.

“The thing is, we’ve talked to some other kids committed to Cincinnati. They say the same thing, that they haven’t heard from the staff. Basically (Tuberville) isn’t calling anybody, he’s trying to get the kids to de-commit on their own.

“It’s a bad situation.”

He did this at Auburn and Texas Tech.
    Sounds like Tuberville isn't interested in this kid. Just because Butch was doesn't mean this administration is, so what's the problem?

Turn Off Ads?