Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

Munchie is a turnover machine.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bill Koch reports that Brendon Kay gets today's start.
    Last edited by paintmered; 11-10-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Bearcats up 21-3. 'Cuse leads the 'Ville 24-10.

Syracuse is laying the smack down on Louisville, 31-10.

I haven't seen much of the Bearcats game yet today. Kay has some nice stats so far though. How has he looked?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Syracuse is laying the smack down on Louisville, 31-10.

I haven't seen much of the Bearcats game yet today. Kay has some nice stats so far though. How has he looked?
    He's thrown nice balls medium and deep, but been inconsistent with short passes. He also has a few long runs out of busted passing plays and a completed pass to himself. Of course, Temple is very young and isn't offering much resistance.

He's much more credible than Munchie and reminds me a bit of Ben Mauk.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Thanks. I should be able to watch the entire second half, so maybe they will throw it a few times.

UL gettin' curbstomped...

So if UC beats Rutgers at home next week and then Rutgers beats Louisville when they host them, do the Bearcats win the Big East? Louisville would end up with two losses. UC and Rutgers one each, with the Bearcats winning the head-to-head. Assuming, no other upsets along the way, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    UL gettin' curbstomped...
    If anyone knows what that feels like, it's a UK fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If anyone knows what that feels like, it's a UK fan.
    You seem mad...

We know we're bad, just enjoyed seeing "#9" UL finally get exposed.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-10-2012 at 05:00 PM.

You seem mad...

We know we're bad, just enjoyed seeing UL get exposed.
    This year has always been about building for next year. This game does nothing to change this season's outlook. They were projected for the Sugar Bowl and if they win the next two that's where they'll be. Finish the year in the top ten and start next year as a championship contender with a Heisman hopeful.

I actually think this loss will help a young Louisville team down the stretch. They had been playing with fire recently and this loss combined with a bye week should help the coaching staff get them refocused.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    This year has always been about building for next year. This game does nothing to change this season's outlook. They were projected for the Sugar Bowl and if they win the next two that's where they'll be. Finish the year in the top ten and start next year as a championship contender with a Heisman hopeful.
    I agree, it's not like this loss really even matters that much except to hopefully quieten the ridiculous NC hopes some Cards fans were starting to chirp about...

It could end up hurting pre-season ranking next year depending on how UL finishes their season.

I do love watching Bridgewater. That kid will play on Sundays.

I agree, it's not like this loss really even matters that much except to hopefully quieten the ridiculous NC hopes some Cards fans were starting to chirp about...

It could end up hurting pre-season ranking next year depending on how UL finishes their season.

I do love watching Bridgewater. That kid will play on Sundays.
    Louisville really needs a bcs win to validate this season. Hopefully they get matched up with a respectable opponent.

And Bridgewater has been phenomenal. It is rare that a hyped recruit comes in and exceeds the hype but he has done that this year. It wouldn't surprise me to see him and DeVante Parker go in the first round after next season.

Kay played a really good game today. He doesn't have the big plays Munchie does with his legs, but he can run well enough to keep you honest. Threw some great deep balls and most importantly he took care of the ball. It was also pretty cool to see Mardy Gilyard on our sidelines, one of my favs.

Butch Jones said it best in his post game interview, these guys are overachieving. They lost a lot of talent off of last year's team, they're finding a way to make enough plays though, and you have to give Coach Jones a lot of credit for that.

Turn Off Ads?