Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

I wouldn't blame him for leaving, but I don't think Colorado is a smart move. UC is in a real bind because of Nippert Stadium. Ideally we'd play at PBS, but if we can't fill Nippert it doesn't make any sense to make the move. It's hard to attract bigger conferences with no real support to speak of and sub par facilities.

He can stay at Cincinnati and continue to win though, and doing so has shown that it can land you a big job like Brian Kelly got. I'd be surprised if he took this CU job. Stick around another year or two and keep doing your thing, good jobs will always open up and he'll be on basically every wish list if he keeps it up here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I wouldn't blame him for leaving, but I don't think Colorado is a smart move. UC is in a real bind because of Nippert Stadium. Ideally we'd play at PBS, but if we can't fill Nippert it doesn't make any sense to make the move. It's hard to attract bigger conferences with no real support to speak of and sub par facilities.

He can stay at Cincinnati and continue to win though, and doing so has shown that it can land you a big job like Brian Kelly got. I'd be surprised if he took this CU job. Stick around another year or two and keep doing your thing, good jobs will always open up and he'll be on basically every wish list if he keeps it up here.
    Yep. I think he's got a great chance at the BE BCS bowl next year. If he takes his team there and can pull out a win, he'll be at the top of everyone's list, and not choosing between a handful of lower tier options like CU and Purdue.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Well a really good job just opened up in the Big 10. Did not see that one coming.

If they have any interest in Jones he has to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Well a really good job just opened up in the Big 10. Did not see that one coming.

If they have any interest in Jones he has to take it.
    My guess is this guy: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...l-chryst-coach

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Pitt is going to be looking for their 5th coach in 4 years.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Typically one would think Colorado is a better job, but they are so far in the garbage and apparently very inpatient that it has all the makings of the impossible task.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Pitt is going to be looking for their 5th coach in 4 years.

If Chryst leaves and they hire another coach for their bowl, they'll have had 6 coaches since Dec. of 2010.

As a former Big East rival, I hate Pitt. as much as anyone, but that program really deserves better.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Per the Denver Post, Butch Jones has accepted the Colorado job.

ETA -- Or not at all, now reports coming out that the Post jumped the gun.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 12-05-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Ya I saw Woody Paige reported that he accepted, but Lance just tweeted that Butch Jones texted him saying the reports are false and he hasn't made a decision yet.

And I'll say it again, I'd be shocked if he takes this job for a couple of reasons. One, he can wait and do better, and two, you gotta recruit Texas and California to win at Colorado. That job just doesn't make sense for him to take.

Once you make that jump you gotta win, if not you'll get fired in a few years and be a linebackers coach somewhere. I think coaches know how important it is to make the move when it's right.

But if he does take it it's not the end of the world. We've been through it before and I have faith we'll find a quality replacement.
    Last edited by Stray; 12-05-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Butch Jones either hasn't taken the job or just lied to the UC President, Santa Ono.

Santa J. Ono ‏@PrezOno
    Butch has told me the reports that he has accepted the CU job are absolutely false. I trust him.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    So if Jones leaves, who is next for UC?
    Who's coaching CMU at this point? Seems like you all have good luck with those guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Central Michigan was .500 this year. UC won't be going back to that well.

Of course, nobody really knows if Butch is leaving yet. This is turning into quite the circus.
    Last edited by paintmered; 12-05-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

If I'm Butch Jones I don't leave for Colorado unless he's really into mountains or something. He can do better. In the meantime, he's got a good thing going here in Cincinnati. If Wisconsin or Tennessee showed some interest, then I think he ought to reconsider

This whole thing is just weird to me.

I just don't see how President Ono and Whit Babcock can allow this to drag on indefinitely and continue on as though it's business as usual. I get that it's a big decision for Butch Jones and his family but I think he owes it to both UC and Colorado to make a decision and allow the other school to start exploring other options.

Turn Off Ads?