Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 393

Thread: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

  1. #136
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,507

    Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

    Munchie is a turnover machine.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #137
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,048

    Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

    Bill Koch reports that Brendon Kay gets today's start.
    Last edited by paintmered; 11-10-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

  4. #138
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,808

    Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

    Bearcats up 21-3. 'Cuse leads the 'Ville 24-10.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  5. #139
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,507

    Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

    Syracuse is laying the smack down on Louisville, 31-10.

    I haven't seen much of the Bearcats game yet today. Kay has some nice stats so far though. How has he looked?

  6. #140
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,048

    Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Syracuse is laying the smack down on Louisville, 31-10.

    I haven't seen much of the Bearcats game yet today. Kay has some nice stats so far though. How has he looked?
    He's thrown nice balls medium and deep, but been inconsistent with short passes. He also has a few long runs out of busted passing plays and a completed pass to himself. Of course, Temple is very young and isn't offering much resistance.

    He's much more credible than Munchie and reminds me a bit of Ben Mauk.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

  7. #141
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,507

    Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

    Thanks. I should be able to watch the entire second half, so maybe they will throw it a few times.

  8. #142
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

    UL gettin' curbstomped...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  9. #143
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,808

    Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

    So if UC beats Rutgers at home next week and then Rutgers beats Louisville when they host them, do the Bearcats win the Big East? Louisville would end up with two losses. UC and Rutgers one each, with the Bearcats winning the head-to-head. Assuming, no other upsets along the way, of course.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  10. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    UL gettin' curbstomped...
    If anyone knows what that feels like, it's a UK fan.

  11. #145
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If anyone knows what that feels like, it's a UK fan.
    You seem mad...

    We know we're bad, just enjoyed seeing "#9" UL finally get exposed.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-10-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  12. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    You seem mad...

    We know we're bad, just enjoyed seeing UL get exposed.
    This year has always been about building for next year. This game does nothing to change this season's outlook. They were projected for the Sugar Bowl and if they win the next two that's where they'll be. Finish the year in the top ten and start next year as a championship contender with a Heisman hopeful.

  13. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,591
    I actually think this loss will help a young Louisville team down the stretch. They had been playing with fire recently and this loss combined with a bye week should help the coaching staff get them refocused.

  14. #148
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    This year has always been about building for next year. This game does nothing to change this season's outlook. They were projected for the Sugar Bowl and if they win the next two that's where they'll be. Finish the year in the top ten and start next year as a championship contender with a Heisman hopeful.
    I agree, it's not like this loss really even matters that much except to hopefully quieten the ridiculous NC hopes some Cards fans were starting to chirp about...

    It could end up hurting pre-season ranking next year depending on how UL finishes their season.

    I do love watching Bridgewater. That kid will play on Sundays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  15. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I agree, it's not like this loss really even matters that much except to hopefully quieten the ridiculous NC hopes some Cards fans were starting to chirp about...

    It could end up hurting pre-season ranking next year depending on how UL finishes their season.

    I do love watching Bridgewater. That kid will play on Sundays.
    Louisville really needs a bcs win to validate this season. Hopefully they get matched up with a respectable opponent.

    And Bridgewater has been phenomenal. It is rare that a hyped recruit comes in and exceeds the hype but he has done that this year. It wouldn't surprise me to see him and DeVante Parker go in the first round after next season.

  16. #150
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,834

    Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

    Kay played a really good game today. He doesn't have the big plays Munchie does with his legs, but he can run well enough to keep you honest. Threw some great deep balls and most importantly he took care of the ball. It was also pretty cool to see Mardy Gilyard on our sidelines, one of my favs.

    Butch Jones said it best in his post game interview, these guys are overachieving. They lost a lot of talent off of last year's team, they're finding a way to make enough plays though, and you have to give Coach Jones a lot of credit for that.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25