Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

As UC fans we can't get caught up in worrying ourselves about coaches leaving. If they do (and they will), we'll be a prime place for the next up and comer. There will always be jobs better than UC. That will not change. If we're being picked over by other programs then that means UC is playing well. I much prefer that to the days of Tony Mason when our coaches stayed

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm fired up for tonight's game. My expectations are tempered based on the quantity and quality of the players we lost, but there is enough talent on this roster to surprise some people and make a run at it. Obviously a lot of that rides on Munchie's shoulders. A little nervous about our d-line and linebackers also.

I feel as though the football program could use a new tradition. So I am suggesting that in the fourth quarter when the clock ticks down to the 4:20 mark everybody stand up and yell "Munchie"

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I feel as though the football program could use a new tradition. So I am suggesting that in the fourth quarter when the clock ticks down to the 4:20 mark everybody stand up and yell "Munchie"

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    As UC fans we can't get caught up in worrying ourselves about coaches leaving. If they do (and they will), we'll be a prime place for the next up and comer. There will always be jobs better than UC. That will not change. If we're being picked over by other programs then that means UC is playing well. I much prefer that to the days of Tony Mason when our coaches stayed
    I agree. There are very few schools in NCAA football that are immune to coaches jumping ship for a "better opportunity." Just look at the resumes of the coaches of some of the top teams. Nick Saban went from the Big 10 to the SEC to the NFL and back to the SEC. We've seen Urban Meyer go from the SEC to the B1G. Lane Kiffin went from the NFL to the SEC to the Pac-10. UC is much more prone to the coaching carousel than most coaches, and that will always be the case until there's greater alumni support coupled with greater football spending by the university. Keeping coaches is a problem at UC, but it's a problem everywhere. All you can do is create a next coach in environment.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I agree. There are very few schools in NCAA football that are immune to coaches jumping ship for a "better opportunity." Just look at the resumes of the coaches of some of the top teams. Nick Saban went from the Big 10 to the SEC to the NFL and back to the SEC. We've seen Urban Meyer go from the SEC to the B1G. Lane Kiffin went from the NFL to the SEC to the Pac-10. UC is much more prone to the coaching carousel than most coaches, and that will always be the case until there's greater alumni support coupled with greater football spending by the university. Keeping coaches is a problem at UC, but it's a problem everywhere. All you can do is create a next coach in environment.
    This is true to an extent, but no program can survive at this level with constant turnover. If UC fans would pack Nippert every game, no matter the opponent or the current state of the team, it would be much easier to create some stability. If a coach still decided to leave, I would have no problem with it. We did our best as UC fans. The problem to me is that UC fans don't always show up when they should. By that, I mean if everyone who complains about how UC can't keep coaches would show up to a game or two, UC might fare much better in keeping them. Same on the basketball side of things.

While I can agree you shouldn't worry about a coach leaving, that doesn't mean you shouldn't worry that fans and the school aren't doing everything possible to make it harder for them to leave. Coach Jones won't be here forever, but any effort UC and fans are able to make that can extend his stay should be made. I'm not so sure fans are holding up their end of the bargain sometimes.

Bearcats force a three and out and then on their first play from scrimmage George Winn takes it 58 yards to the house. 7 zip Bearcats.

Is UC really good, or is Pitt really bad? I find myself not really caring right now. What a game so far for UC.

Next Pitt possession ends in a quarterback fumble after being sacked by Stewart. Several plays later Munchie connects with Abernathy on a 15-yard TD. 14-0.

Is it just me or does David Pollack look insanely skinny. He looks nothing like a former NFL linebacker.

Nice INT by Greg Blair in the endzone. He's looked pretty good tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    Is UC really good, or is Pitt really bad? I find myself not really caring right now. What a game so far for UC.
    After watching the first half, I feel confident in saying that Pitt is that bad. Sunseri is a terrible quarterback.

17-0 Bearcats at the half. Two Pitt turnovers to none for Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    After watching the first half, I feel confident in saying that Pitt is that bad. Sunseri is a terrible quarterback.
    I agree. Their defense is horrible too. Terrible tackling. The ACC is getting a real stinker of a team here. But that's not curtailing my enjoyment of it one bit

This team can run.

Turn Off Ads?