Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 2012 UC Football Official Thread

This happens way too often with the "icing the kicker" then bad snaps or missed field goals.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Still hate everything about Cincinnati sports. Everything.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    He's somewhere between a good change-of-pace QB and high-risk/high reward starter.
    Ugh.

Change-of-pace/goal line QB it is.

One other point...The wet weather negated the opportunity to run the speed option as opposed to the read option. Even when the weather is clear, IMHO, they don't run that play often enough.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Not really a big follower of UC Football, but I did watch last nights game. That Abernathy kid looked like Darren Sproles lite out there. He really impressed me.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I'm not mocking any fans but I do LOVE IT when icing the kicker blows up in the other teams face.
    Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Could be worse -- you could have lost your perfect season and ranking to one of the worst teams in D1 the way Ohio University did today.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Could be worse -- you could have lost your perfect season and ranking to one of the worst teams in D1 the way Ohio University did today.
    The Bobcats have been skating on thin ice all season. They've barely beaten several crummy teams. Finally ran out of luck tonight.

Disappointing for the Big East that they could have had three undefeateds who had beaten some pretty decent out of conference competition (VaTech, Arkansas, North Carolina) and who might only lose to each other in conference play. Instead, two of the three lost to Toledo and Kent (and the other one had to rally late to beat 0-8 Southern Mississippi). What could have been...

After the last two performances by Munchie, I think you have to look at a change at QB. I really wanted to see him do well, but he just doesn't have the passing game to make his legs a worthwhile asset at QB. With what Abernathy brings to the table as a playmaker, I don't think you need a run oriented QB out there. Its time to give Brandon Kay a shot and see how he can handle this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    After the last two performances by Munchie, I think you have to look at a change at QB. I really wanted to see him do well, but he just doesn't have the passing game to make his legs a worthwhile asset at QB. With what Abernathy brings to the table as a playmaker, I don't think you need a run oriented QB out there. Its time to give Brandon Kay a shot and see how he can handle this offense.
    Jones seems almost Dusty like in his desire to show his players he supports them. Right now, that's why it seems unlikely we'll see Kay get a shot.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Jones seems almost Dusty like in his desire to show his players he supports them. Right now, that's why it seems unlikely we'll see Kay get a shot.
    Maybe, but I don't really think you can compare Dusty sticking with a player with Butch sticking with a QB. I mean, changing QB's is completely different from changing your starting CF. Your playcalling and game planning is completely changed when you look at changing QB's. It affects the whole offensive unit. I think in the case of Butch Jones, it is more that there are a lot of pros and cons he has to weigh which affect the whole team, not just one player/position and the confidence of that player.

I agree with you though, I doubt we see Kay get a shot yet.

Hope to see UC knock Cuse out of the Big East title race this weeekend. The last thing the Big East needs is Cuse taking its BCS bid on the way out the door!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Hope to see UC knock Cuse out of the Big East title race this weeekend. The last thing the Big East needs is Cuse taking its BCS bid on the way out the door!
    I'm going to be on the left coast this weekend. Are the Bearcats on TV anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm going to be on the left coast this weekend. Are the Bearcats on TV anywhere?
    Big East Network and ESPN3

News came out today that Walter Stewart's career as a football player is over. Really sucks.

Turn Off Ads?