Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do I start?? 2012-13 Edition

Re: Who do I start?? 2012-13 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    With Harrison and Polamalu out, I'm starting Darrius Heyward-Bay over Percey Harvin (vs. the 49ers). Am I making a bad move?
    If it is a PPR league it is a terrible move. Harvin gets 10-12 touches/catches every game. Heyward-Bay has 7 receptions in 2 games. Even if it is not a PPR I'm never benching Harvin for Bay.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I agree Harvin is almost a must start every game at this point in his career. San Fran or not he is going to get his yds. Go with your horses!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    If it is a PPR league it is a terrible move. Harvin gets 10-12 touches/catches every game. Heyward-Bay has 7 receptions in 2 games. Even if it is not a PPR I'm never benching Harvin for Bay.
    No, it's not PPR. Harvin had 89 yards receiving and 9 yards rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    No, it's not PPR. Harvin had 89 yards receiving and 9 yards rushing.
    And hopefully you started him since he still outscored Heyward-Bay and Heyward even scored a TD.

How about Ryan Williams vs. Eric Decker in my flex spot in a standard scoring, non PPR league?

Pretty good toss up, but I would probably go Williams. With Benaie out and the hyphen doing nothing he will most likely touch the ball 20-25 times. Decker can't compete with that.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Pretty good toss up, but I would probably go Williams. With Benaie out and the hyphen doing nothing he will most likely touch the ball 20-25 times. Decker can't compete with that.
    Good point...if the matchup wasn't tough for Williams and good for Decker (on paper, of course), this wouldn't even be debatable.

Hopefully you disregarded everything I said and went with Decker. looks like Manning is heating up again, Decker looks to be a weekly must start.

Hopefully you disregarded everything I said and went with Decker. looks like Manning is heating up again, Decker looks to be a weekly must start.
    I changed it at the last minute against my gut feeling but I highly doubt that move alone will lose me the game. My team in that league really stinks.

I'm really limited due to bye weeks here - this is a standard scoring, non-PPR league: At RB: Brandon Bolden (I don't trust any Patriots RBs), Peyton Hillis (he's been horrible again this year) or Bilal Powell. I've scored the waiver wire and beyond the just release Pierre Thomas (who I've already put in a claim for), there doesn't appear to be any better options.

Yeah, I know my options really stink for this week.

Ryan or Brady?

Ryan gets the Redskins horrid pass defense

I would go Ryan, Skins can't stop anyone right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I'm really limited due to bye weeks here - this is a standard scoring, non-PPR league: At RB: Brandon Bolden (I don't trust any Patriots RBs), Peyton Hillis (he's been horrible again this year) or Bilal Powell. I've scored the waiver wire and beyond the just release Pierre Thomas (who I've already put in a claim for), there doesn't appear to be any better options.

Yeah, I know my options really stink for this week.
    Maybe Bolden in an attempt to ride his wave. Based on last week he may get 10-12 carries or more. Powell would be my 2nd choice.

Maybe Bolden in an attempt to ride his wave. Based on last week he may get 10-12 carries or more. Powell would be my 2nd choice.
    Do you favor one or both over Thomas?

I have what I feel is a lights-out receiving corps in a 10-team non-PPR league:

B. Lloyd, V. Cruz, P. Harvin, Torrey Smith, G. Jennings, and just for fun, I put in a waiver claim for Hartline.

Assuming I don't get Hartline, which two would you start (three if I pick a WR for FLEX)? I'm leaning toward Cruz and Lloyd.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?