Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do I start?? 2012-13 Edition

Who do I start?? 2012-13 Edition

Figured I would put this up as it has been done in the past. Put any of your WDIS in this thread to get some other people's thoughts. It helps to include some of the league settings when asking, ie PPR? bonus'?

Here are mine for Week 1:

Partial PPR, bonuses for 100+ rushing/receiving.

Ronnie Brown @ARI or Vincent Jackson vs CAR in the flex?

Non PPR, standard scoring league:

Stevie Johnson @NYJ or Evan Royster @NO?

PPR league, bonuses at 100 & 150 for rush/receiving:

Ryan Williams vs SEA, Heyward Bey vs SD, or Collie @CHI? This is for a 3rd flex spot.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who do I start?? 2012-13 Edition

I went with Eli over RG3 week 1 last minute. Second guessed myself and now I have a feeling RG3 is going to go off.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

IMO,

Jackson, Stevie, and the last one is a total wash.

I never gamble on a big game from unlikely sources and I'm usually there come pLayoff time. Stevie is the best WR1 that nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    I went with Eli over RG3 week 1 last minute. Second guessed myself and now I have a feeling RG3 is going to go off.
    I doubt it, Manning played over projection. Rookies are notoriously shaky and The Saints will have a lot to prove on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    I doubt it, Manning played over projection. Rookies are notoriously shaky and The Saints will have a lot to prove on defense.
    If Manning played over projection then I'm in trouble. Pretty lousy game from him IMO. I'm confident RG3 can equal Mannings 1 td pass.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

I need to start 3 of the following at WR:

Green, Blackmon, Holmes, Crabtree, Boldin

Thoughts?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Green, Holmes, Crabtree. The jury's still out on Blackmon and Holmes/Crabtree will be getting a lot more targets than Boldin.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Green, Holmes, Crabtree. The jury's still out on Blackmon and Holmes/Crabtree will be getting a lot more targets than Boldin.
    Any hesitation with Holmes playing the Steelers?

Well, yeah.

If you think Flacco's performance last week was the real deal, then start Boldin over Holmes, but I expect Rice/Pitta/Dickson to get the majority of the looks Sunday.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Well, yeah.

If you think Flacco's performance last week was the real deal, then start Boldin over Holmes, but I expect Rice/Pitta/Dickson to get the majority of the looks Sunday.
    Well turns out they were all terrible so oh well.
    I think I'm going to try Crabtree and Holmes this weekend. Blackmon is on the bench until he puts together a couple weeks of production.

Feeling like an idiot for picking up Andre Brown and not starting him against Carolinas weak run D. 25 points on the bench.

-Hunter S. Thompson

I started Hakeem Nicks this week... he didn't play due to injury. I should pay better attention.

....and you think you feel like an idiot, cincyinco

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Feeling like an idiot for picking up Andre Brown and not starting him against Carolinas weak run D. 25 points on the bench.
    It definitely hurt that my opponent picked him up and started him in two of my three leagues. Meanwhile, I had Cam Newton and Victor Cruz out there last night while Hakeem Nicks had to sit on my bench.

With Harrison and Polamalu out, I'm starting Darrius Heyward-Bay over Percey Harvin (vs. the 49ers). Am I making a bad move?

I don't think it'd be a terrible move. Palmer throws the ball A LOT, so there's a chance the two end up connecting, but it's more of a balanced pass offense. There is no guarantee that he will catch anymore than 3, 4 receptions, whereas with Harvin, you can count on Ponder to feed him at least twice as many, even if it is the 49ers.

Turn Off Ads?