Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Playoff Ticket Lottery

Reds Playoff Ticket Lottery

http://mlb.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/postseason.jsp

Pack the park with RedsZoners! The raffle for postseason tickets is here!
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: Reds Playoff Ticket Lottery

I've all ready registered all three of my email addresses and my mom plans to register her three addresses this weekend. You can say we didn't try really REALLY hard for tickets, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

In 2010 I got picked for NLCS tickets and bought a couple. I really enjoyed that game.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I get unlimited email addresses with my domain. I think I'm going to create a few this evening. I think if I register enough I can get selected to purchase tickets for each round.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Guess I'm not the only one. I already registered with 6 addresses.

I was reading the fine print....it says only one entry per name. Any more than one per name will be thrown out and only the first recieved will be used.

So does this discredit the multiple email theory or is is still possible to do it?

I register my four email addresses but have to use my real name and address. Am I registered once with the other three thrown out or am I in four times?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Registered three times. Of course, since everyone is likely going to do this, it's going to make it even harder to win. Someone might win the lottery twice. Not to mention all the out-of-town winners who probably have no intention of actually attending the games and are looking to make some money off this.

I miss the days of standing in line down at Riverfront Stadium for tickets. I stood in line for seven hours for 1990 World Series tickets and got them.
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 09-06-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I registered a few times, but I live in Korea. If I win someone on Redszone can have my tickets at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Registered three times. Of course, since everyone is likely going to do this, it's going to make it even harder to win. Someone might win the lottery twice. Not to mention all the out-of-town winners who probably have no intention of actually attending the games and are looking to make some money off this.

I miss the days of standing in line down at Riverfront Stadium for tickets. I stood in line for seven hours for 1990 World Series tickets and got them.
    Or plan on flying in to catch a WS game. :shrug:

I'm hoping they allow power pack buyers to purchase playoffs tickets like they did a couple years ago.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

I just purchased playoff tickets and it's getting pretty thin. I'd be shocked if anything other than 400/500 level stuff is left once they do the lottery. Just from looking at what I was offered the demand this time seems much higher than 2010. I have a 40 game package and the best they could get me was Moon Deck for the World Series.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I just purchased playoff tickets and it's getting pretty thin. I'd be shocked if anything other than 400/500 level stuff is left once they do the lottery. Just from looking at what I was offered the demand this time seems much higher than 2010. I have a 40 game package and the best they could get me was Moon Deck for the World Series.
    Ah, I was wondering how so many tickets could be on StubHub already. Those prices are insane. SRO for $68 and game 1 of the NLDS is the cheapest option. Cheapest World Series ticket listed is a Kroger Bleacher seat for $445.

I know it'd be awesome to be there...but I can buy a new 50" TV instead.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I have a 20 game pack and am unable to access the site to buy tickets until 3pm

You will have access to purchase these series strips online starting Friday, September 7th (3:00 p.m. EST) through Monday, September 10th (12:00 p.m. EST). .
    How can it be getting thin already?

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

They let full season ticket people buy their tickets plus bonus tickets (up to ever how many full season tickets they had) prior to today. Then today, they let people like me (weekend/40 game mix) buy tickets at 9:00 AM. You shouldn't have any problem if you want to sit in the upper deck/bleachers but you can forget infield box seats for any series and if you aren't on right at 3:00 PM, I wouldn't be surprised if Field Box was no longer an option (as I mentioned, it's already not an option for the World Series)
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I've been to one World Series game (2006 Game 4 in St. Louis), and I got tickets from a scalper for $120 each and sat in the sixth row in left center. If I don't get picked in the lottery, I'm not worrying about StubHub or anything--I'm gonna do the scalper thing again.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?