Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of Season MLB.COM top 100 prospect list

Re: End of Season MLB.COM top 100 prospect list

Doug, is there still hope Lamarre will develop some more power?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Doug, is there still hope Lamarre will develop some more power?
    Yes, but he is going to need to make some swing adjustments. With his swing right now, there is just no way he is going to hit for power. His timing is way off and it leads to a very armsy type of swing that saps him of power.

I live in Dayton, Ohio, and I had the privilege of attending the game in which Billy Hamilton stole his one-hundredth base when he was playing for the Dayton Dragons. His speed on the basepaths is amazing. If he can maintain that level if/when he reaches the major leagues, then fans are in for something quite special.

Lamare and Josh Fellhauer both have skillsets of above average MLB outfielders RIGHT NOW imo...above average range and plus outfield arms....was quite fun watching both of them all season.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Hoping Robert Stephenson gets to skip Bakersfield next year and start out with Pensacola.

Ryan Lamarre reminds me of Gerrado Parra. Doesn't do anything great but just enough....
    Parra did win a gold glove last year and has arguably the best arm in baseball, so I'd say defensively he's pretty close to great...now offensively, yeah, he doesn't do anything that great, but I'd be willing to bet if he had an oppurtunity to play on a full time basis, he'd be pretty good.
    Last edited by Az. Reds Fan; 09-22-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Question is, can LaMarre strike out less often than Stubbs? Actually putting the ball in play would be an upgrade over Stubbs.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Question is, can LaMarre strike out less often than Stubbs? Actually putting the ball in play would be an upgrade over Stubbs.
    Looking at 2012 numbers, Wilson Valdez puts the ball in play in 78.64% of his plate appearances. He has a line of .203/.234/.224 for an OPS of .458.

Drew Stubbs puts the ball in play in 61.81% of his plate appearances. His line is .214/.278/.334 for an OPS of .612.

Drew Stubbs puts the ball in play considerably less and has considerably better production. Something tells me it's a lot more complicated than putting the ball in play.

Even at his worst, Stubbs is better than a lot of the other options out there. I realize it's very frustrating, but it's unfair to say something like, "Actually putting the ball in play would be an upgrade over Stubbs." If you want to go back to the days of Willy Taveras--by all means, have at it. In the meantime, I'll keep my eyes peeled for an upgrade (maybe it's Hamilton or LaMarre), but I'm not going to settle on the first guy that puts the ball in play.

Turn Off Ads?