Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 254

Thread: Reds vs. Astros Friday 9/7

  1. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,386

    Re: Reds vs. Astros Friday 9/7

    Bailey is really starting to get on my nerves. If him and Leake would step it up, this would be a whole lot easier.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,555
    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    No...thats just your ego getting grounded
    Just ignore him....let's keep this thread good

  4. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    404

    Re: Reds vs. Astros Friday 9/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Bailey is really starting to get on my nerves. If him and Leake would step it up, this would be a whole lot easier.
    In fairness to Bailey, he was only throwing 91mph in the first against a guy that his number. If he can keep up more in the 93-94mph range and figure out Maxwell, they shouldn't get to many more.

  5. #49
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,360

    Re: Reds vs. Astros Friday 9/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Just ignore him....let's keep this thread good
    My bad...I'll let his antics go the rest of the night

  6. #50
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,555
    The Reds will win....but I do like watching Maxwell mash a ball. Seems like he does one every time he starts against us.

  7. #51
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,555
    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    My bad...I'll let his antics go the rest of the night
    Oh...I'm not in charge of anything, just saying

  8. #52
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,360

    Re: Reds vs. Astros Friday 9/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Oh...I'm not in charge of anything, just saying
    No...its all good. Im always saying stay positive and dont rip on people. Guess i need to follow my own advice

  9. #53
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,555
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    In fairness to Bailey, he was only throwing 91mph in the first against a guy that his number. If he can keep up more in the 93-94mph range and figure out Maxwell, they shouldn't get to many more.
    I think he's adopted Verlander's game approach...he just can't miss where he missed, and he won't be throwing 100mph in the 8th.

  10. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,386

    Re: Reds vs. Astros Friday 9/7

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    In fairness to Bailey, he was only throwing 91mph in the first against a guy that his number. If he can keep up more in the 93-94mph range and figure out Maxwell, they shouldn't get to many more.
    In fairness to Bailey, his year has been a big disappointment.

  11. #55
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,360

    Re: Reds vs. Astros Friday 9/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    In fairness to Bailey, his year has been a big disappointment.
    Bailey has been solid most of the season.

  12. #56
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Reds vs. Astros Friday 9/7

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Bailey has been solid most of the season.
    He can be his own worst enemy though --- like the pick off try
    The older I get - the better I was

    and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

  13. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    478

    Re: Reds vs. Astros Friday 9/7

    If Homer Bailey had a Homer Bailey type of season we're used to there would be a bounty for his head. He's turning the corner as we speak and it is thrilling to watch him evolve as a pitcher.

    Phillips is leading off and Ludwick his hitting cleanup. Split the lefties? Yes please with sugar on top!

    Just the sight of seeing #19 at the plate makes me smile from ear to ear.

    Things like this, all happening today makes me VERY pumped, excited, and proud to be a Reds fan.
    There are only two seasons - Winter and Baseball.

  14. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    404

    Re: Reds vs. Astros Friday 9/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    He can be his own worst enemy though --- like the pick off try
    Bailey's own worst enemy is his weaker than expected fastball. It just doesn't get the velocity/movement hoped. If he did, he would be in Cueto/Latos's class.

    That is why I said move him to the pen.

  15. #59
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,360

    Re: Reds vs. Astros Friday 9/7

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    If Homer Bailey had a Homer Bailey type of season we're used to there would be a bounty for his head. He's turning the corner as we speak and it is thrilling to watch him evolve as a pitcher.

    Phillips is leading off and Ludwick his hitting cleanup. Split the lefties? Yes please with sugar on top!

    Just the sight of seeing #19 at the plate makes me smile from ear to ear.

    Things like this, all happening today makes me VERY pumped, excited, and proud to be a Reds fan.
    This....i love the optimism

  16. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,386

    Re: Reds vs. Astros Friday 9/7

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Bailey has been solid most of the season.
    I guess your definition of "solid" is different than mine. He hasn't gotten past the 7th inning in six of his lest seven starts. And he's lost 3 of them. He's had one win since the middle of July. Not living up to expectations.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25