Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brewers?

Brewers?

Milwaukee has a daunting task ahead of them (Atlanta next week, followed by a road trip to Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Washington after a 3-game stint with the Mets). They finish with the Astros and much-improved Padres.

That said, if they hold on in the 9th against St. Louis and can finish the sweep tomorrow, they'll be just four games behind St. Louis for the last wild card. With the Pirates collapsing and the Dodgers losing guys left and right, I wonder if the Brewers won't make things interesting this final month. The schedule is brutal, but sometimes these games can be taken for granted.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Brewers?

Yeah, the Brewers are impressive lately. Now up 6-3 in the top of the 9th. Has to be frustrating for the Cards.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Of qualified guys (excluding Votto, that is) Braun has the highest OPS in the league at .993 and has 38 homers, 100 RBI coming into tonight's game. PED jokes aside, for my money he is the best RH hitter in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Of qualified guys (excluding Votto, that is) Braun has the highest OPS in the league at .993 and has 38 homers, 100 RBI coming into tonight's game. PED jokes aside, for my money he is the best RH hitter in the league.
    Yeah I would agree with that and not even give it a second thought.

Don't think he has a prayer of a chance at the MVP though. Even if the Brewers get in the W.C. discussion these next three weeks, the PED situation will give voters a reason to not vote for him.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

1 out. 2 more outs and magic number at 14.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

MVP is out of the question. His reputation is tainted, but I'm looking around and can't find a really good candidate for NL MVP. Anyone else?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    MVP is out of the question. His reputation is tainted, but I'm looking around and can't find a really good candidate for NL MVP. Anyone else?
    If Chapman gets hot again he would deserve it IMO, but won't get it. Just has some amazing numbers, saves leader in NL (when last I looked), relievers occasionally win the MVP.

Probably McCutchen by default.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-08-2012 at 10:46 PM.

A walk and then a fly out by Holliday. 2 outs for the Cards. 1 more to go.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If Chapman gets hot again he would deserve it IMO, but won't get it.

Probably McCutchen by default.
    I'd say Cutch is a long shot. As the team went into free fall so did he. Average has dropped from .369 to .341 in two weeks.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I'd say Cutch is a long shot. As the team went into free fall so did he. Average has dropped from .369 to .341 in two weeks.
    Posey. Look at the numbers. If SF makes playoffs, it's Buster.

Turn Off Ads?