Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest on PDC's

Re: Latest on PDC's

The Cardinals are relocating one farm team.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...p&vkey=pr_milb

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    The Cardinals are relocating one farm team.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...p&vkey=pr_milb
    This also signals the end of the Pirates there, as they go to Jamestown now. Pirates had offered a 4 year deal to ST College and it was turned down. They didn't want to do a 2 year deal, which STC wanted. The Spikes GM had made some comments in June about them wanting a playoff team at St. College (you read that right).

Fort Wayne and Padres for 2 more years.

Cedar Rapids and Twins contract hasnt been signed yet so it could fall about...
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

If the Reds got a Northwest League affiliate going... that would be sweet. One NWL team is already moving nearby.

I wonder if the team Milwaukie Oregon is working with is the Reds.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

The deal didn't go through on the first go-round because their city council couldn't agree on the ballpark. I haven't heard if the deal is completely dead or just dormant.

The Lexington Legends of the South Atlantic League signed a PDC with the Kansas City Royals through 2016. Lexington parts ways with Houston with this agreement.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_cin&c_id=cin

• The Reds announced Friday that they have signed a four-year extension of their player development contract with the Class A Dayton Dragons, guaranteeing the affiliation through the 2016 season.

The Dragons have served as the Reds' Midwest League affiliate since 2000, when the Minor League franchise was established.

The Cardinals did leave Quad Cities for Peoria. Looks like the Astros now call QC home. The Cubs are now in Kane County.

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Rumors: Reds are looking to add a seventh farm club as a Northwest League affiliate. Would allow players who are ineligible to play for a Rookie level team (Billings) to have a place to play before going to Dayton.
    Love the idea, though I'd vastly prefer it to be a NY-Penn League team. The Northwest League has a way of making hitters overconfident and turning pitchers into head cases.

I'd much rather prospects playing in run environments closer to the actual thing.

On a somewhat related note, the Reds need to get out of the Cali league after 2014. Moving to its polar opposite, the FSL, may not be a better solution, though if the Reds could land in Tampa (where they have decades of history) it would make some sense. A Carolina League affiliate has always been my preference.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

When the Reds were with Lynchburg a few years back, Lynchburg was eager to rid themselves of the Cincy affiliate as it was in some ways a shotgun wedding to begin with. I emailed the Lynchburg GM a couple of times fishing for some indication as to whether or not he would have any interest in keeping Cincy in Lynchburg. He stressed how the Reds would love to stay in Lynchburg but it was obvious through his responses that he had no intention of re-upping with Cincy. As soon as the PDC ended with Cincy, Lynchburg immmediately affiliated themselves with Atlanta as they moved from Myrtle Beach to Lynchburg.
    All of that to say this...I hoped a little bit justice would play out recently when Wilmington voted on a park. Lynchburg was saved when the referendum was defeated. In a cynical way I was hoping Lynchburg would lose Atlanta to Wilmington after they were so eager to see Cincy go.

Turn Off Ads?