Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: NFL Officiating

Re: NFL Officiating

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    If PI was called, it would have been both ways.....as the other Seattle receiver was mugged by 3 defenders.
    I didn't see that. Do you have a link to a video that shows it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Don Banks at SI had a good line... "... ending was straight out of a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial".
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Pete Carroll seems to think that the NFL has ruled that the call in the end zone was correct:

"We were fortunate the call went our way. But you've got to say the league reviewed it and said they agreed with what was called on the field, they just missed the pass interference."
    I don't think that's exactly what they said. They basically said they didn't want to get into whether the call was correct or not but that they supported the system and that they wouldn't suggest the replay booth overturn that call

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I didn't see that. Do you have a link to a video that shows it?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Are you talking about the Seattle receiver, #14? I don't see any interference. The Green Bay players were going for the ball and that makes it perfectly legal.

nm
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Are you talking about the Seattle receiver, #14? I don't see any interference. The Green Bay players were going for the ball and that makes it perfectly legal.
    It's not as blatant as Golden's, but yes...it is in fact PI by #24.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    It's not as blatant as Golden's, but yes...it is in fact PI by #24.
    I'm sure you're in the extreme minority on that one. With all the publicity about this and all the talk it's generated, you're the first I've heard that saw PI on the Packers.

I see a bunch of guys looking at and jumping for the ball which makes it a legal play whereas Golden Tate's shove off was well before he was going for the ball.

Pete Carroll seems to think that the NFL has ruled that the call in the end zone was correct:

I don't think that's exactly what they said. They basically said they didn't want to get into whether the call was correct or not but that they supported the system and that they wouldn't suggest the replay booth overturn that call
    One thing history has taught us: Pete Carroll is an honest man who plays by the rules and can be trusted.

I think you have to look at how bad the refs were overall. The Packers got some horrible calls go their way on their go ahead touchdown drive. The Seahawks got a horrible call to go their way at the end of the game to win. It's hard when the game is messed up that bad by officiating, but from watching the entire game I feel like the right team won. Seattle outplayed Green Bay and deserved it.

I know it's a weird way to look at the games since they're decided on the field, but when there are so many bad game changing calls it's hard to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Seattle outplayed Green Bay and deserved it.
    Guess you went to bed at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I think you have to look at how bad the refs were overall. The Packers got some horrible calls go their way on their go ahead touchdown drive. The Seahawks got a horrible call to go their way at the end of the game to win. It's hard when the game is messed up that bad by officiating, but from watching the entire game I feel like the right team won. Seattle outplayed Green Bay and deserved it.

I know it's a weird way to look at the games since they're decided on the field, but when there are so many bad game changing calls it's hard to figure out.
    I understand your point that there were horrendous calls that went both ways but in the end Seattle only "earned" 7 points. I think with decent officiating Aaron Rodgers and the Pack would have scored more than 7 pts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    One thing history has taught us: Pete Carroll is an honest man who plays by the rules and can be trusted.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I think it will be pretty funny when the strike is over and we realize that the real refs are pretty crappy too. I'd say the NFL is nearly impossible to officiate well.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?