Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364

Thread: 9/10/2012 Pirates at Reds

Re: 9/10/2012 Pirates at Reds

Rick Flair's family lives about 80 miles from here. His son was in school when my son was, but I think he'd be confused at all this. Regardless, it all worked out, but I hope something is left for the next two games. Bi also hoe Chapman comes around.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

I didn't start following this one til they tied it up in the 7th. Still saw almost a full game. Needed that win bad.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Once i started reading the posts about Simon having bases loaded and no outs...I needed a laugh and went to watch a few episodes of Family Guy....i laughed and came back to this surprise of a win.

Pirates Hurdle defended decision to lift Rodriguez: “He was pretty much done.” Wandy disagreed, saying …

“I felt pretty good tonight and I think I could’ve finished that inning,” said Rodriguez (89 pitches in 6.2 IP). “But (Hurdle) made his decision.”
    Hurdle said he did not like the matchup of Rodriguez against Navarro, who bats 20 points better against lefties. “(Rodriguez) was probably only going to get one more hitter, anyway, so I decided to make the move now,” Hurdle said. “It’s the second-worst feeling for a manager when you make that move and it doesn’t work. The worst one is when you leave the pitcher in and the guy hits a home run.” In 8 starts with Pirates, Rodriguez has gone over 100 pitches 3 times and is averaging 95.6 pitches per outing. He went 100-plus pitches in 8 of his 21 starts for Astros.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I will gladly take the blame for this game going 14 innings last night. I started off watching the game early (back when Latos was the pitcher of record ) but then switched to watching a DVD and only checking in on the game every so often because the offense was frustrating me. The ONLY time I watched the game again without turning it off? The 14th inning....when they finally scored and won the game. Maybe I should have left the game on way earlier in the evening after all??!

Nice win last night and seriously, this game thread was HILARIOUS to read this morning. Classic!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    hackin' like a cat with a hair ball!
    After this brutal game thread, this made me spit out my orange juice! Too damned funny.

At some point during the game, I kinda wish a moderator had stepped in and squashed that personal argument going back and forth. Really annoying. Use PM guys. Sheesh!

Turn Off Ads?