Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a hit off a former Red

I got a hit off a former Red

I play in an adult baseball league and played in a Labor Day tournament and a team from Ft Wayne Indiana had former Red Mike Roesler pitching for them. He hung a curveball and I smacked it to left for a solid single. I was pretty proud of myself, that is all.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: I got a hit off a former Red

Nice job!

Mike Roesler--that's a name I'd competely forgotten about. I'd also forgotten that he is a Fort Wayne native, just as I am.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Now you know why he's a former Red!

That's awesome, man.

But shouldn't this be in the baseball forum? Not the non-baseball sports forum???

J/k man, if I had done this I would be posting it in every forum, regardless of whether it was a sports forum or not.

Only a single?

Pretty darn cool.

Sweet stuff, I'm proud of you too

Good job. I was expecting it to be Bernie Stowe.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I am heading out to Arizona to play in the Mens adult league world series, Cory Lidle's brother Kevin is on our team. I am not that good but am versatile and very solid defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I am heading out to Arizona to play in the Mens adult league world series, Cory Lidle's brother Kevin is on our team. I am not that good but am versatile and very solid defensively.
    Are you, by any chance, Wilson Valdez?

Just kidding. Best of luck in 'Zona.

Big deal. I got a hit off of Tom Kramer in softball earlier this year.

How is the umpiring??

I used to detest working that stuff.

24 managers on the field and they could act as bad as they wanted with no repercussions.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    How is the umpiring??

I used to detest working that stuff.

24 managers on the field and they could act as bad as they wanted with no repercussions.
    The Umpiring is pretty good actually, most of the guys pay attention and there is very little arguing, when I "coached" a team I always controlled it. I have actually never got into it with an umpire, as long as they are trying and not really arrogant then I am good with it.

My experience with umpires over the years leads me to thinking it's not such a bad ump if I say, "Well, he blew a few calls, but otherwise I have no complaints." Umpiring is very difficult, and people should cut many of them more slack than they do.

'Zona? Got a co-worker here in Springfield, Ohio who plays all the time. He plays in a WS in Florida in November. This guy knows everybody I swear, he's the "Mayor" of that sport. He's played with or against a who's who of MLB, Dave Parker, Eddie Milner, Bret Saberhagen, Dante Bichette etc. He was extremely impressed with Saberhagen (and Bichette) and he said Bret didn't even pitch for his team, played SS, 3B etc.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Got a solid single to left off Jack Billingham in fantasy camp a few years back! An aging Jack Billingham, to be fair! Then again, I was 40 at the time!

Turn Off Ads?