Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jerry Lawler collapses at RAW

Jerry Lawler collapses at RAW

Michael Cole said he was receiving CPR in the back, that was about 10 minutes ago. Still no further update. He had wrestled earlier in the night. Very scary situation.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jerry Lawler collapses at RAW

Michael Cole says he's been taken to a hospital in Montreal where RAW is being held. He's being given oxygen but is breathing on his own.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

He is somewhat responsive, and going to receive a CAT scan.

His condition is stabilized and his heart is beating on it's own and he's breathing on his own.

For those wondering... this isn't a work.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I have been a fan of Jerry Lawler since I was a little kid watching him on Saturday morning tv. I have had the pleasure of meeting him, and working on some charity events with him. He is a great guy, who has done a lot for the city of Memphis.

Having said that, he underwent surgery today and they put stints in his heart. He is in stable condition right now, but they are still doing tests to see if he has any brain damage from the heart attack.

Here is to the King of Memphis
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    I have been a fan of Jerry Lawler since I was a little kid watching him on Saturday morning tv. I have had the pleasure of meeting him, and working on some charity events with him. He is a great guy, who has done a lot for the city of Memphis.

Having said that, he underwent surgery today and they put stints in his heart. He is in stable condition right now, but they are still doing tests to see if he has any brain damage from the heart attack.

Here is to the King of Memphis
    Do you know if he's been able to communicate at all?

Jerry Lawler's son Brian Christopher just posted the following update on his father from Montreal:

"The CT scan of my dad's brain came back good! With his brain not receiving oxygen for as long as it did there was a chance he could have had brain damage. I truly believe everyone's prayers are working and the Lord is holding him in the palm of his hand. Today is another day, so how about another prayer for "the King"."

Jerry Lawler is now very responsive and did make a phone call to Michael Cole who then tweeted that King wanted to let his fans know he was ok. It seems as if he might be let out of the hospital in a few days. There was no brain damage, according to Jim Ross, wwe.com, his ex wife, and his son.

That being said, he was very lucky to be at Raw on Monday, due to them having a great medical staff on hand and EMTs backstage. Had he been home, in a hotel, on a plane, or anywhere else, he would probably be dead.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

It's good to hear he's stable. I always remember him for his "feud" with the Inter-Gender Wrestling Champion, Andy Kaufmann. Looks like Andy is going to have to wait a while longer for that rematch.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    It's good to hear he's stable. I always remember him for his "feud" with the Inter-Gender Wrestling Champion, Andy Kaufmann. Looks like Andy is going to have to wait a while longer for that rematch.
    Sad to hear about Lawler, glad he's doing ok though. I do recall the whole Kaufmann thing, pure craziness, Kaufmann killed it though. Remember the King's buddy Dutch Mantell, hairiest guy I think I ever saw, looked like he had a rug on his back!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?