Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ramon Ortiz may have thrown his final pitch

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Ramon Ortiz may have thrown his final pitch

At least based on his reaction to yesterday's apparent injury. I feel bad for the guy, he's known as one of the really good ones. Tough to watch his face.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...is-final-pitch
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Ramon Ortiz may have thrown his final pitch

You just hate to see that. Any injury of course...but to end a career like that. You feel for him.

Can't think of too many pitchers as bad as Ortiz was on the mound that have been able to pitch into their 40s. Not trying to pile on when a guys down but he was really one of my least favorite Reds starters during the lost decade. I can't imagine his career has been cut all that short by this injury but for some reason it's still a little sad.

I feel terrible for him. He was pretty bad for us, but he had a pretty decent run in Anaheim. He has nothing to be ashamed of, if you've pitched in the majors until your 40s, you've done something right. All the best to him.

15 MM career earnings
    World Series Ring
    Enjoy retirement, sounds like he's a good guy.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-04-2013),WildcatFan (06-03-2013)

I had no idea he was even still pitching. Very sad video to watch. It's hard to accept change as big as this one. He'd 40, somewhere around the mid-point of life, and maybe he's got 40 years of figuring out what to do with himself now. Uncertainty can be tough.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?