Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: The Howl

Re: The Howl

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    I think you are overreacting a bit. I've never heard this iteration of the woo at a baseball game, but I've heard woo girls do it a billion times. It's not that annoying.

Drunk people yell all sorts of stuff at baseball games. When I came to town in 2010, some big drunk guy kept yelling "Hey Gomes, let's rock and roll!" in the left field seats. That guy drank like a million beers that night.*

* - May have been me.
    I agree. Not a howl fan! I just hope I never sit right by someone doing it. Who wants to sit by anyone that just randemly yells anything the entire game. I have found myself turning down the volume on the tv. I guess if our name had wolves in it or something, but with Mr. Red, Rosie Red, and Gapper = NOTHING to do with a howl. I guess I just don't get it, but unfortunately it seems here to stay. By in my opinion it gets in Z formation!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Holy Grail? Help me out here.
    The Banks - Holy Grail sent out a Tweet the other day saying if you are over the age of 12 and woo, you sound like an idiot.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    The Banks - Holy Grail sent out a Tweet the other day saying if you are over the age of 12 and woo, you sound like an idiot.
    They were likely insulting their own clientele!
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Anyone notice they were doing it in Pittsburgh as well? Not that it should make us feel any better, but the howl made it's way to the steel city over that weekend we played there. I could hear it on my TV.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Anyone notice they were doing it in Pittsburgh as well? Not that it should make us feel any better, but the howl made it's way to the steel city over that weekend we played there. I could hear it on my TV.
    Much earlier in the thread, it is discussed that Pittsburgh fans were doing it before Cincinnati fans.
    /r/reds

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Holy Grail? Help me out here.
    Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but the "Holy Grail" is a new bar/restaurant located in "The Banks" by the ballpark. At least I think that's what you're asking.

The fact of the matter is that the more some people complain about it, the more other people are going to woo. Telling someone they are being stupid when they think they are being cool isn't a very compelling or winnable argument.

I just hope it fades away.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    So just last night, Mo Egger, Mark Sheldon, and Jamie Ramsey all ripped on the woo-ers. Add those to the list of Lance, Jim Day, John Fay, and The Holy Grail who've all been ripping on the woo recently too.
    That's great. I don't think anybody cares if random Cincinnati media members don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    That's great. I don't think anybody cares if random Cincinnati media members don't like it.
    Are you going to hold your breath until your turn blue if someone tells you to knock it off?
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but the "Holy Grail" is a new bar/restaurant located in "The Banks" by the ballpark. At least I think that's what you're asking.
    Thanks, Sir_Charles. That's what OesterPoster said.

Dusty Baker needs to grab the microphone and emulate this guy, substituting 'wooing' and 'Pittsburgh'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJMa20xXykI&hl=en&fs=1&">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJMa20xXykI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

I kid. I kid.

13. Likes:

Bumstead (04-23-2013),KYRedsFan (04-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Are you going to hold your breath until your turn blue if someone tells you to knock it off?
    If it gets under your skin I'll do it until I pass out!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Between the complaining about this, the songs at the ballpark, the broadcasts of the games and various other things, I think a lot of Reds fans seriously need to chill out.

This thing is silly and whatever, but it sure as hell doesn't warrant the amount of attention nor outrage its been given here.

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-23-2013),jimbo (04-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Between the complaining about this, the songs at the ballpark, the broadcasts of the games and various other things, I think a lot of Reds fans seriously need to chill out.

This thing is silly and whatever, but it sure as hell doesn't warrant the amount of attention nor outrage its been given here.
    They need a few $9 beers...

18. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (04-23-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    They need a few $9 beers...
    Pay an extra couple bucks at the GABP UDF and get double the fluid ounces!! Now there's something kind of worth not complaining about.

Turn Off Ads?