Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: The Howl

Re: The Howl

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Wait, you actually talked to a player about this? I'm supposed to believe you over people citing third-hand references that the players don't like it?

Wasn't Rolen supposedly one of the players who "didn't like it" last year? I'm guessing his opinion shouldn't matter too much when it comes to anything involving this season. And knowing Todd Frazier -- one of my favorite players -- likes the wooing, makes me like it even more.
    He seemed to really enjoy it. I didn't really know what kind of response I would get from Todd when I asked him, but I was pleasantly surprised he loved it. I also asked about the whole 'brother' thing that him, LeCure, and Ludwick were saying in the clubhouse last year. As always, Todd was very personable and outgoing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    FWIW if you are in the stadium I don't see how you could not notice it.

It's like somebody sat down and decided to try and think up something fans could do that would be MORE annoying than the wave.

And the function for fans is EXACTLY the function of the wave. It isn't organic cheering. It's what ....these folks...do when they get bored and stop watching the game. Last night the reds were up 11-0 and not a howl to be heard. Dusty takes Leak out and puts in the kid from AAA to get him an inning and the kid promptly give up a homer. Up starts the howl continuously for the rest of the night. It's got nothing to do with the baseball game. It's ALL look at me...listen to me.....I am here.

Not a fan of the howl at all.
    DFS, unfortunately, I haven't been to a game since the howling started. Just watching on TV. Guess we'll see Sunday, when I'll be at my first of the season. (Which I'm psyched up for BTW, hoping Bailey stays hot!)

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    It's got nothing to do with the baseball game. It's ALL look at me...listen to me.....I am here.
    Wait, are you talking about the howl or Redszone?

so would it be acceptable to smack someone who does that tonight?

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Mullet Man cracks me up. Also, he's exactly what Jeff Brantley would look like with red hair.

"That's good, that's hot ... that's nice!"

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Translate....is that some kind of threat?
    It's a quote from the film Hoosiers, when the townspeople are told by Coach Dale to not worry about the team (In this case the NR telling us not to worry about the Howl)

This thread just makes me want to drink a six pack of some nasty light beer and yell out a big

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Wasn't Rolen supposedly one of the players who "didn't like it" last year? I'm guessing his opinion shouldn't matter too much when it comes to anything involving this season. And knowing Todd Frazier -- one of my favorite players -- likes the wooing, makes me like it even more.
    Makes perfect sense, as Scotty is a bitter old man like some of us here, and Todd is a young stud.

Now...

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Makes perfect sense, as Scotty is a bitter old man like some of us here, and Todd is a young stud.

Now...

You know what else that guy hates? Math computers and walks!

11. Likes:

dougdirt (04-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”
    Is that from Norman to?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Is that from Norman to?
    Nah.. some writer.. a woman too. Unsure if she has experienced a sixer of canned grains

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I hate it, and I plan on voicing my displeasure to the ushers at every game I attend.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

15. Likes:

malcontent (04-18-2013),remdog (04-19-2013)

It was constant from that weird family sitting in front of me at the playoff game. Really took away from my (and most everyone around me) enjoyment of the game. They needed to be muted.

17. Likes:

remdog (04-19-2013)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    It was constant from that weird family sitting in front of me at the playoff game. Really took away from my (and most everyone around me) enjoyment of the game. They needed to be muted.
    Muted...or neutered.

19. Likes:

remdog (04-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Nah.. some writer.. a woman too. Unsure if she has experienced a sixer of canned grains
    That quote wasn't from some woman or else she would have alliteratively tossed in the work "pink" somewhere along the line.

Turn Off Ads?