Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: The Howl

Re: The Howl

It's enough for me to know the players DO NOT LIKE IT.

2. Likes:

Tommyjohn25 (04-18-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The howl... the vuvuzela of the unwashed and unaware baseball fan

As charming as a drunk uncle at a Sunday dinner
    Now come on WoY....at least the drunk uncle is entertaining. :O)

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

(a) It is stupid. So very stupid.

(b) The people who perpetuate it are stupid. Or possibly just drunk beyond reason.

(c) It has almost zero effect on my enjoyment of Reds' baseball, because stupid fans have been doing stupid things at the ballpark since the dawn of time.

(a + b + c) = Howl away, jackwads! I may think ill of you, but I don't have the time or energy to make a whole big thing out of it.

Fin.

I don't mind it at all. It was amusing when it started last year, but much less amusing now.

I don't get the hate for it, or the weird, elitist remarks about "unwashed" fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I don't mind it at all. It was amusing when it started last year, but much less amusing now.

I don't get the hate for it, or the weird, elitist remarks about "unwashed" fans.
    Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb, uh... guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and, uh, guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    It's enough for me to know the players DO NOT LIKE IT.
    During the Reds Caravan, when Todd Frazier was signing something I gave there was a lull in the line, so I got to talk to him for about a minute. I asked what he thought of the Howl last year. His response was 'I love it, man' with a big smile on his face. So, not sure every player dislikes it, or if Todd knew what I was talking about exactly (which it sounded as if he did). Personally, he seems like one of the players though that would like something like this though that gets the crowd up and going and doing something different, if it may annoy some.

9. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (04-18-2013),goreds2 (04-18-2013)

only the mullet guy is allowed to howl
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-18-2013),cincyinco (04-21-2013),danken12 (04-18-2013),remdog (04-19-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (04-18-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb, uh... guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and, uh, guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with.
    Translate....is that some kind of threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Which one?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He was also at Redsfest this year. He right behind me in line there. I was like....is that really the same guy, but you couldn't mistake him. I wanted to ask him if he knew that he was on tv like he was, but I just couldn't muster the courage to go ask.

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-18-2013)

I love it, mostly because you uptight curmudgeons don't like it. Do you want me to turn my music down too? WOOOOO!!!

17. Likes:

Always Red (04-18-2013),Blitz Dorsey (04-18-2013),cincyinco (04-21-2013),westofyou (04-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Here he is. The origin of the howl and the unofficial mascot of 2012 season.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Which one?
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=10
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

If it sounded like a pack of wolves, I wouldn't mind it. But it mostly sounds like a bunch of neutered poodles.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

20. Likes:

mdccclxix (04-18-2013),remdog (04-19-2013),Revering4Blue (04-19-2013),texasdave (04-18-2013)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

What if the first situation happens in your backyard!? Are you just going to ignore it? At least capture the footage and post on YouTube.

This thread just makes me want to drink a six pack of some nasty light beer and yell out a big

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    During the Reds Caravan, when Todd Frazier was signing something I gave there was a lull in the line, so I got to talk to him for about a minute. I asked what he thought of the Howl last year. His response was 'I love it, man' with a big smile on his face. So, not sure every player dislikes it, or if Todd knew what I was talking about exactly (which it sounded as if he did). Personally, he seems like one of the players though that would like something like this though that gets the crowd up and going and doing something different, if it may annoy some.
    Wait, you actually talked to a player about this? I'm supposed to believe you over people citing third-hand references that the players don't like it?

Wasn't Rolen supposedly one of the players who "didn't like it" last year? I'm guessing his opinion shouldn't matter too much when it comes to anything involving this season. And knowing Todd Frazier -- one of my favorite players -- likes the wooing, makes me like it even more.

Turn Off Ads?