Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: The Howl

Re: The Howl

Or better yet, change their entrance music to the music that Ric Flair used to walk down to the ring with (and if I am not mistaken, he had a big WOOOO, right before the music started).

2. Turn Off Ads?
    REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

I'm struggling with the validity of all of this though. It seems it's split down the middle half using a Rick Flair Whoooooo! which I'm good with, the man walked with style and profile along with being the dirtiest player in the biz. The other half going with the Howl. Kinda need someone to step in and get this straight. I see Cincy tee's is on the Flair Boat.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    I don't care about the wooo.. I'm dying to know what Operator found out about Mullet Man..
    It turns out he's actually a hologram. I tracked him down and walked up and he suddenly changed color and opacity, and after I changed my shorts I went back to my seat, quite dejected.

...Actually, I didn't get to find him. I was meeting my girlfriend there who came down from Fairborn so we could walk in together and we didn't actually get seated until the bottom of the 1st. And although we had good seats, we were sort of land-locked per se by people all around us, which makes it an annoyance, at least for me, to go to and from different spots around the park very much.

But I have tickets for 3 more regular season games as well as Home Game 1 of the NLDS (it was totally worth taking a lien out on my car ) so I still vow to find him at some point.

I will say though, that in my section there was a LOT of howling going on. I was in Terrace Outfield 104 in Row B, and we were howling our voices out once the 8th inning rolled around. And at least in my section, it definitely wasn't a "woo", it was a howl all the way.

At the same time, I'm not sure how much of it was going on around the rest of the park. My section was doing plenty as I said, but I really ddidn't hear much coming from other sections. Whether or not that means they really weren't or if it might just be harder to hear over regular crowd noise when you're at the park, I don't know.

In any event, an awesome night at the park. I encourage those of you who live within distance and have the means to go, do so by all means. I've shattered my own personal record for games attended this summer and I've loved every minute of it. Worth every penny in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Then we should treat it with more respect. Let's call it Mr. Howl.

Spectacular!

Love the howl. Spicing up a weekday September series and annoying the crap out of the Pirates works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Then we should treat it with more respect. Let's call it Mr. Howl.

I prefer Mr. Wu

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

It spread to Wrigley tonight!

I actually don't want Reds fans doing it on the road before its well established as our thing. Otherwise other fans of opposing teams are gonna start doing it too and try to claim it as their own.

This is what you end up with when you let alcohol take over and make your decisions for you. LOL

I think it's stupid, rather embarrassing (as a Red fan), and I hope it dies off real soon.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    This is what you end up with when you let alcohol take over and make your decisions for you. LOL

I think it's stupid, rather embarrassing (as a Red fan), and I hope it dies off real soon.
    +1 heck +1,000,000
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Really embarrassing. Wish they'd stop it.

Count me in as one who thinks it's obnoxious and needs to stop yesterday.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Yeah, I don't like it either. But I'm almost 40.

This is cool though:

I can understand not liking it, but I don't see how it's embarrassing. Empty seats at home games is embarrassing. So is the away team having more vocal support than the Reds. The howl? Not so much.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I can understand not liking it, but I don't see how it's embarrassing. Empty seats at home games is embarrassing. So is the away team having more vocal support than the Reds. The howl? Not so much.
    In baseball, more than any other sport, there is a large group of fans who view the game as some sort of sacrosanct religious experience meant to be treated with respect and dignity.

My personal take is that baseball (and sports in general) is fun. Put differently, any human endeavor that encourages elderly out of shape men to wear athletic costumes and engage in pantomime debates with arbiters (including the kicking of dirt and wild gesticulations) that they literally cannot win contains a heaping helping of absurdity. I celebrate the color and the silliness in the game.

You can probably guess where I come down on the WOO.

It's a novelty. It's not tradition, it's not unique, and it's not funny. I tried explaining it last night to my non-Reds fans roommates and they thought it was dumb, and I obviously agreed. It's seriously hard to watch games with the sound on while it's happening. I can't imagine what it's like to be at the ballpark for it. Please make it stop.

Turn Off Ads?