Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: The Howl

Re: The Howl

I just can't fathom why someone would want to sit there and howl like a dog during a baseball game. I can see other fan activities like the wave being somewhat entertaining and amusing but what is so amusing or entertaining listening to or sounding like a canine???

If this goes on during the playoffs look for the elites in the media to mock us. Not that I care what the media elitists think of us but mark my word they will.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    It's a novelty. It's not tradition, it's not unique, and it's not funny. I tried explaining it last night to my non-Reds fans roommates and they thought it was dumb, and I obviously agreed. It's seriously hard to watch games with the sound on while it's happening. I can't imagine what it's like to be at the ballpark for it. Please make it stop.

Well said. I have playoff tickets and it will be my luck that I'll have to sit by someone who howls the whole game.

Maybe they should have a muzzle giveaway before the playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Well said. I have playoff tickets and it will be my luck that I'll have to sit by someone who howls the whole game.
    Take this to the game Randy.

"Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Take this to the game Randy.

Schottzie lives.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    If this goes on during the playoffs look for the elites in the media to mock us. Not that I care what the media elitists think of us but mark my word they will.
    Exactly. This will go on PTI and be compared to the Rally Monkey, and the stupid Busch Squirrel, etc. And let's be realistic here. It's going to happen in the playoffs.

Exactly. This will go on PTI and be compared to the Rally Monkey, and the stupid Busch Squirrel, etc. And let's be realistic here. It's going to happen in the playoffs.
    And they will lean on this imagery

Or, more aptly, the Tomahawk Chop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Or, more aptly, the Tomahawk Chop.
    At least the tomahawk chop had a tie in with the team name. This is just a bunch of people who seem so shy on brains that they can't even come up with anything more than making gutteral noises. Its not related to the team in any way (like the chop), its not clever (well most of these aren't so clever I guess), its not really coordinated (like the terrible towel) or choreographed (like the wave) to at least make one appreciate the effort. Heck, its not even original. Its just a bunch of people randomly making animal sounds with no rhyme or reason to it. Its not even fun. It makes everyone associated with it seem like a dimwit because that's all they can come up with.

So yeah, I think its embarrassing. Its worse than simply doing nothing IMO.
    Last edited by mth123; 09-19-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Sometimes I think everyone in Cincinnati could just use a drink or two...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Sometimes I think some have had more than a few too many.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I agree (if you're speaking figuratively), but I don't think Cincinnatians are much worse--if at all--than people in other cities.

god forbid our 1/2 filled seats sound impressive...

Stick

Ahem...

Remove...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

I take total blame for the howl tonight. It was me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?