Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: The Howl

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: The Howl

I liked to have a good time as much as the next guy and I consider it pretty annoying.

There is no purpose to it other than to annoy. There is a time and place for letting loose and acting like an idiot, but the ballpark is not one of those places. Just my opinion.

Now drop the Natty Lights and get off my lawn. I'm thirsty.

2. Likes:

remdog (04-19-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Write to Phil Castellini. Tell him that the howling makes it less likely you will attend Reds games in the future. I bet a couple of hundred letters saying that could get it shut down.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Write to Phil Castellini. Tell him that the howling makes it less likely you will attend Reds games in the future. I bet a couple of hundred letters saying that could get it shut down.
    How are they going to shut it down?

I don't like the howling but we need to realize alot of Reds fans out there like fans in general are complete morons. Just listen to to the "Banana Phone" clip WLW was playing yesterday and its perfect evidence to show alot of our fan base just isn't to terribly bright.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

6. Likes:

remdog (04-19-2013)

The Woo, in my opinion, is the most annoying thing I've ever heard/seen at a game. I'd take thunder sticks, vuvuzela's, or plastic clappers, over the woo.

I thought it was funny the first two games.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

When at a game and the wooing starts, tell whomever you're with -just loud enough for others to hear- "That's the moron mating call".

Hopefully that interpretation will catch on.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    There is nothing "fun" about it. It is simply a way for narcissistic fans to get other people to look at them. It adds nothing to the experience of attending a game.
    It only gets attention if people give it to them. I just ignore it and have a great experience at the park.

For once I'm actually looking forward to idiot Cubs fans invading like locusts. Maybe they'll drown out the idiot Reds fans.

I hate the howl, but whatever. Fads die, and this one will go away soon enough.

I personally hate it and for some reason I dislike it more on tv then when I hear it at the park. I guess usually at the park its drowning out some other idiot. For instance opening day my wife and I are sitting there and they show a tribute video with Ryan Freel in it. The two guys behind me start talking and one asks how he died....the other says leukemia. Now I don't usually feel the need to correct someone, but this guy keeps going on about how long he fought and how they were trying to get people set up for marrow transplants, and on and on. I finally had to turn around and told the first guy he committed suicide. The guys response "yeah I knew it was something like that". So I guess my point is while i'm at the yard I'm used to hearing stupid crap. But at home the whoo really drives me nuts.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Phil has already publicly stated on the radio that he wishes it would stop.

So let me get this straight, people want to attempt to stop people from making noise at a baseball game?

Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-18-2013)

Yeah, annoying garbage noise that has nothing to do with the game.

17. Likes:

remdog (04-19-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    So let me get this straight, people want to attempt to stop people from making noise at a baseball game?

Awesome.
    Noise is fine. Noise with the intention of being annoying detracts from the ballpark experience (and, because of the high-pitched and shrill nature of the noise, also detracts from the experience watching the game on TV).
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

19. Likes:

remdog (04-19-2013),Revering4Blue (04-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post

Awesome.
    Seriously? It's not just "noise". It's an annoyance and it offends people. There's a big difference. Get a clue.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

21. Likes:

remdog (04-19-2013),texasdave (04-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    How are they going to shut it down?
    Eject the idiots doing it.

It's not cheering, it's being annoying to be annoying.
    Go Gators!

23. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (04-18-2013),remdog (04-19-2013),Revering4Blue (04-19-2013),texasdave (04-18-2013)

Turn Off Ads?