Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: The Howl

Re: The Howl

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    You realize that "unwashed" was used as a metaphor correct?

Btw: its the Reds game, " tens of thousands" is probably just as large of an exaggerated statement as the ones you've listed

WOOOOOOOOOOO
    I promise to look up the definition of "metaphor" if you look up the definition of "sarcasm."

2. Likes:

westofyou (04-19-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I may have been too drunk to realize it...but i dont believe I heard a single WOOO last night.

Didnt it start last year during the bring your dog to the park night...and then didnt it start up again on monday...the dog to the park night?
    Last edited by coachpipe; 04-19-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I promise to look up the definition of "metaphor" if you look up the definition of "sarcasm."
    It's a date

Ill bring the cheese

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-19-2013),Always Red (04-19-2013),NebraskaRed (04-19-2013),Tom Servo (04-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Amusingly, I used to do the same thing when I was 5 and discovered things that annoyed my parents on long car trips.

Then I stopped being 5.
    Exactly what I've likened it to, except the parents are now the players. And the players have said they don't like it. Is it now en vogue to annoy them?

8. Likes:

remdog (04-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It's a date

Ill bring the cheese
    Excellent.

Except I always have a weird reaction when I eat cheese. It makes me spontaneously blurt out "whooooooo"

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Excellent.

Except I always have a weird reaction when I eat cheese. It makes me spontaneously blurt out "whooooooo"
    A good Brie can really affect a man

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Exactly what I've likened it to, except the parents are now the players. And the players have said they don't like it. Is it now en vogue to annoy them?
    Ever hear of Rooters Row?

The bar on the third base side of League Park before Crosley?

That is the gramps of the Whoooooo movement

It seems as if some people have very thin skin. The howl is one thing, but reading people in here complaining about the wave is hilarious.

Man some people sure are uptight.

Complaining about the wave is a RZ tradition for us curmudgeons.

Kind of like arguments over the 25th man roster slot or sending Wily Mo to the minors.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

15. Likes:

919191 (04-20-2013),Caveat Emperor (04-19-2013),remdog (04-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    or sending Wily Mo to the minors.
    They just need to rewrite his contract.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

17. Likes:

919191 (04-20-2013),Raisor (04-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    It seems as if some people have very thin skin. The howl is one thing, but reading people in here complaining about the wave is hilarious.

Man some people sure are uptight.
    It's not just here

http://nats101.com/2013/04/12/wave-t...es-into-shore/

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    It's not even an old vs. young thing.

Much more an IQ point thing, with the howlers on the short end.

I simply hate comments that say "I am just smarter than the people who disagree with me."

Ask yourself, why do most people go to baseball games? The images are clearer and closer on TV.

They go to be part of the crowd. Active crowd participation correlates with more attendance.

If you would prefer a more creative crowd activity, than think one up and sell it to the masses. If we had an OH...... IO.... Maybe the Reds would draw more like college football. Think about it... Even teams like Ole Miss continue to sell out games despite decades of futility because folks still like to be part of that crowd.

In Korea I was shocked when I saw a large bunch of college age girls sitting in front of a TV intently watching a regular season Korean baseball game. These girls knew enough stats and aspects of the game that most of us on the Zone would be put to shame. In my entire American life I have never seen or even heard of a group of college girls getting together to watch a regular baseball game. I could not understand what caused this. Then I went to a Korean baseball game.

It was the most interactive experience I had ever seen at a live event. The American students I took, who said they hated baseball and did not want to go, fell in love with the game instantly and wondered why American baseball was so stoic by comparison.

American baseball is becoming very Ivory Tower. How many of you are first generation baseball fans? Face it, for most, if your parent was not an avid baseball fan, neither were you. Baseball has become incestuously homogenous. If you are not a white male that spends the majority of their fan time criticizing their own team, you are a small minority in the modern baseball "fandom". That is sad.

Not true for the more successful American spectator sports. Lots of 18 year olds who thought sports were boring get sucked in to college football their very first game if the attend as part of an active student body.

The crowd and crowd fun pulls kids in and the magic of the game keeps them there. If you want to stop the woo, replace it with something more creative.

20. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-19-2013),bigredmechanism (04-19-2013)

Here's what's creative about college football games for most students who wouldn't otherwise care. Alcohol. Then you get the behavior that goes along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Here's what's creative about college football games for most students who wouldn't otherwise care. Alcohol. Then you get the behavior that goes along with it.
    If that were true, they would lose their attraction to the game after they grow out of those alcohol is a novelty years. That does not happen. The vast majority are hooked for life.

These events are so much more than a drinkfest. Flip through these Ole Miss Grove photos and you will see.

http://taylortakesataste.com/ole-mis...win-the-party/

I don't really need a tutorial.

Turn Off Ads?