Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: The Howl

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: The Howl

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    There was a point i thought Thom Brennaman was going to go off during his call. I could almost hear his anger boiling inside him about this "wooooooo" that was drowning all the intensity and importance of the at bats from a viewer's point of view.

I turned my tv down it was so frickin' annoying. Stop wooooing... stop the madness.
    I got that sense too -- figures that the one time I actually want Thom to go on a self-important rant is the one time he shuts up.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Likes:

smith288 (04-23-2013),Stingray (04-23-2013),TOBTTReds (04-23-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Late in the evening, when the stadium is nearly empty...I've got ZERO problem with the howl then. If you're one of the few that stuck around...do what you want. Have fun.

It's in the early innings when it's done for absolutely no reason what so ever that irritates me.
    That's where I am on the howl. I can't blame a person for being delirious and prone to uncontrollable howling if forced to be in a baseball stadium for 5 hours of baseball, the latter two hours which contained no beer and no scoring. The fifth inning is a different animal.

5. Likes:

Captain13 (04-23-2013)

No one is forcing you to stay. If being at a ballpark for that long causes "uncontrollable" reactions, my advice is to leave and seem medical help b

7. Likes:

KYRedLeg (04-23-2013)

I thought last night the people that do the howl are really no different than the type of people who would sit there and pick their nose the whole game. Sure the people around them find it rude and distasteful and lacking in total manners and etiquete but by golly they are breaking no laws or rules so if they want to pick their nose the whole game they should be able to pick their nose the whole game!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

9. Likes:

Homer Bailey (04-23-2013),Revering4Blue (04-26-2013)

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

There was a point i thought Thom Brennaman was going to go off during his call. I could almost hear his anger boiling inside him about this "wooooooo" that was drowning all the intensity and importance of the at bats from a viewer's point of view.

I turned my tv down it was so frickin' annoying. Stop wooooing... stop the madness.
    Makes me like the woo that much more.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-23-2013)

I think we're really going to need Bob Castellini, or maybe someone like Arroyo or BP to come out and say, "hey, we appreciate your enthusiasm, but please stop."

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Makes me like the woo that much more.
    Yeah, if Thom's against it, I might have to rethink my anti-WOOO stance.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-23-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I think it's on the organist. Everytime he hears the howl he should play the old standard charge! horn. That howl will get overridden everytime.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Thom B. was upset with it? Which inning? I want to hear what he said.

He was all for it the night it started.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Thom B. was upset with it? Which inning? I want to hear what he said.

He was all for it the night it started.
    He didn't say anything but you could just hear in the silence between his speaking he was hating it. I could just sense he wanted to just go off on it but didn't... Which showed great resolve because if I had a mic, i'd be calling every single "wooo"er an idiot every chance I got.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Late in the evening, when the stadium is nearly empty...I've got ZERO problem with the howl then. If you're one of the few that stuck around...do what you want. Have fun.

It's in the early innings when it's done for absolutely no reason what so ever that irritates me.
    Yep that is when it has its place for me. If you are one of the people who are willing to stay all the way till the 13th inning, have at it. That is when baseball gets weird anyways so you are entitled to get a little nuts. You have earned it.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I noticed the other night when the wooing seemed loud, they started to play the "woo" song (at least that's what I call it), I have no idea what it's called, but if you're already wooing, it's easy to woo right along with it, and it sounds much better than just howling.

It's still a stupid song though, no words, just woo-oo, woo-oo..

So just last night, Mo Egger, Mark Sheldon, and Jamie Ramsey all ripped on the woo-ers. Add those to the list of Lance, Jim Day, John Fay, and The Holy Grail who've all been ripping on the woo recently too.

I've been muting my TV in the late innings lately, and I just hope it's not so bad during tomorrow's afternoon game that I have to mute my radio.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    So just last night, Mo Egger, Mark Sheldon, and Jamie Ramsey all ripped on the woo-ers. Add those to the list of Lance, Jim Day, John Fay, and The Holy Grail who've all been ripping on the woo recently too.
    Holy Grail? Help me out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I noticed the other night when the wooing seemed loud, they started to play the "woo" song (at least that's what I call it), I have no idea what it's called, but if you're already wooing, it's easy to woo right along with it, and it sounds much better than just howling.

It's still a stupid song though, no words, just woo-oo, woo-oo..
    Blur - Song 2.

And yes, it seemed like it encouraged the Woo-ers. For that, the DJ should be sacked.

Turn Off Ads?