Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: The Howl

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: The Howl

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    The Banks - Holy Grail sent out a Tweet the other day saying if you are over the age of 12 and woo, you sound like an idiot.
    The Holy Grail should probably be careful with saying stuff like that before they alienate their entire customer base.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    The Holy Grail should probably be careful with saying stuff like that before they alienate their entire customer base.
    Thing is, I'm pretty sure the ratio of Reds fans who don't like the Howl to those that do like it, is around 100-1. If it really was popular, we would see the entire crowd doing it, like the Tomahawk Chop or the Wave. Instead, it's always just a handful of drunken idiots who aren't even watching the game.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

4. Likes:

Homer Bailey (04-23-2013),OnBaseMachine (04-25-2013),smith288 (04-24-2013),Tommyjohn25 (04-24-2013)

are we still talking about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The fact of the matter is that the more some people complain about it, the more other people are going to woo. Telling someone they are being stupid when they think they are being cool isn't a very compelling or winnable argument.

I just hope it fades away.
    Exactly. The attention seekers that do it are celebrating the fact that people don't like it.

I've never seen so many people defend something that clearly the majority of people find flat out annoying.

We aren't just complaining to complain. It's flat out annoying and embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I think we're really going to need Bob Castellini, or maybe someone like Arroyo or BP to come out and say, "hey, we appreciate your enthusiasm, but please stop."
    Actually, all that needs to happen to stop it is for Marty to say he's against it. He runs this town, or at least has control over the dumb, drunk Reds fans.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    There was a point i thought Thom Brennaman was going to go off during his call. I could almost hear his anger boiling inside him about this "wooooooo" that was drowning all the intensity and importance of the at bats from a viewer's point of view.

I turned my tv down it was so frickin' annoying. Stop wooooing... stop the madness.
    If it will make Daddy's boy Thom go crazy, then please KEEP HOWLING folks! Anytime Thom gets angry is worth it!

Some people here actually want the ushers to KICK PEOPLE OUT for using their 1st amendment.
    This is so wrong I am amazed people actually think this way.

Some might say hearing people yell Bruuuuce every time Jay comes up to bat is annoying as well, but it certainly doesn't warrant being kicked out. Personally, I think it'd make more sense to yell "Jaaaaaay" instead of Bruuuuce because Bruuuce sounds like everyone is booing him

That, and it's unoriginal. People were doing the Bruce thing when Isaac Bruce played for the L.A then St.Louis Rams.

And as far as The Holy Grail goes, who cares what some overpriced crummy bar thinks?

They aren't the ones paying $$$ to see the Reds.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Thing is, I'm pretty sure the ratio of Reds fans who don't like the Howl to those that do like it, is around 100-1. If it really was popular, we would see the entire crowd doing it, like the Tomahawk Chop or the Wave. Instead, it's always just a handful of drunken idiots who aren't even watching the game.
    I was speaking more to the nature of the average Holy Grail patron rather than the average Reds fan.

Last night during extra innings, my girlfriend asked me to turn down the TV, and said the following:

"Is that the Cubs fans doing that? That sounds like something those idiots would do."

Game.

Sadly, I had to explain that it was Reds fans doing it.

Embarrassing? No. Grown men cursing at other grown men playing baseball is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Exactly. The attention seekers that do it are celebrating the fact that people don't like it.

I've never seen so many people defend something that clearly the majority of people find flat out annoying.

We aren't just complaining to complain. It's flat out annoying and embarrassing.
    You are absolutely complaining just to complain. It causes no harm to anyone. It's not vulgar. It just happens to annoy some people. That's too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Are you going to hold your breath until your turn blue if someone tells you to knock it off?
    No. That causes harm to me. If it didn't, I probably would.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

my memory isn't the best, but wasn't it thom that first noticed and got excited about the howl and seemed like he wanted it to catch on?

Next up for those defending "The Howl"

Defense of cut off shorts on men

Defense of bringing a spit cup into your car

Defense of any song by Triumph

Defense of the head slap in pee wee football

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Embarrassing? No. Grown men cursing at other grown men playing baseball is embarrassing.

You are absolutely complaining just to complain. It causes no harm to anyone. It's not vulgar. It just happens to annoy some people. That's too bad.
    They're both embarrassing.

Why would I complain just to complain? Do I ever just instigate to instigate on this board? Is it THAT unbelievable to you that a LOT of us find this epidemic to be extremely annoying?

But as always, I appreciate the supporters of the "woo" trying to explain to me how I feel about it, as if you know better than I do myself.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Next up for those defending "The Howl"

Defense of cut off shorts on men

Defense of bringing a spit cup into your car

Defense of any song by Triumph

Defense of the head slap in pee wee football
    "Fight the Good Fight"

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-26-2013),westofyou (04-23-2013)

I'm not saying a lot of you don't find it annoying or you shouldn't even find it annoying. That's not a reason to ban something though. There has to be a legitimate reason. You can hate it all you want, just as many people hate the wave. But for somebody to suggest it should somehow be banned is crazy.

20. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-23-2013)

Turn Off Ads?