Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pictures of 4/6 game

Pictures of 4/6 game

Went to today's game. My first visit to GABP, and I must say i was impressed. I have been to the Jake and Camden, and while it doesn't rank up there with those, I do think it has its own charm and personality. I scalped some GREAT seats...we were in section 145, Row A...booyah!!!

I've got some pictures here of my day!
    Last edited by Brutus_the_Red; 04-06-2003 at 11:02 PM.
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Argh....technical difficulties....anyone know how to resize the pictures?!
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

The bleachers from front row of section 145

The entrance...everyone's seen it

Powerstacks (well, one of them) from up close

infield...small crowd...was pretty miserable during the first few innings, but the sun finally poked out from about the 7th on

The Cubbies outfield

Myself (Alex) and Amanda having a good time at the game...even though I waited in line for 1.5 innings for nachos with cold cheese

And finally, Amanda hanging over the edge...this is what i love most about this park...you feel like a part of the game...not like cinergy, where you were perched above

Great pics! Thanks for sharing them. You saw a great game too.

Looks like they still haven't solved the natcho problem... always a long line for them. Seems like they could figure it out by now.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I went to the game on Friday and as went drove by looking for parking, I was amazed how bright the GABP was. I think it's a much better ballpark at night when it's all lit up. The only complaint I had was getting to my seat. The concession lines were so long that it interfered with people getting to their seats.

Definitely seems like they're having trouble with the concessions. Some places had no lines at all, and others were really, really long. I understand the fact that they want to split up what people want and make separate hotdog/brat/pizza stands...but things like nachos need to be served at every location...just makes it a lot easier.

And While the party decks are nice, i'm not so sure the concourses are that much of an improvement over Cinergy. Especially the 1st baseline concourse....way too much conjestion.

As for the diagonal stairs over by the visitors dugout, I'm 19 years old and in perfect health and i nearly fell down them. That's just an accident waiting to happen

Bumping to see if this can go in the photo forum.

Turn Off Ads?