Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chapman has shoulder fatigue

Chapman has shoulder fatigue

I just got an update from ESPN on my phone that says Dusty Baker says Chapman is suffering from shoulder fatigue.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chapman has shoulder fatigue

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Chapman - shoulder fatigue
    Rolen - chronic back pains
    Cozart - oblique strain
    Votto - coming back from injury but not 100%

Cueto looking tired.

Why do I feel like I'm on the Titanic?

Shut him down until the week before the playoffs start.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Cozart - oblique strain

Cueto looking tired.

And yet, they are 9 1/2 games in front and the end of the season is nearing. This is a good thing, it means there is time to get everyone rested and healthy.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

With the exception of Alfredo Aceves, Chapman has thrown more innings than any reliever in baseball with 20 saves or more. He has pitched in about 25% more games and thrown about 25% more innings than Craig Kimbrel.

"He was analyzed by a doctor," Baker said. "The doctor said his shoulder is fatigued. We've got to take care of him."
    All right Dusty, what does that mean? Don't stop there. What did the doctors suggest as a mode of treatment?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Dusty blew out another arm. Shame. Shame. Shame.

Lighten up, Francis. I'm kidding.

Broxton, Marshall, Hoover can handle the back end in the short term
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

The Reds pretty much have the division locked up, I'm all for resting Chapman for a few weeks. Once we officially clinch, I wouldn't mind skipping Cueto and Bailey a time or two either.

You could see his velocity starting to dip a little bit a few weeks back. Last night he looked like he was throwing a medicine ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Cozart - oblique strain

Cueto looking tired.

I suppose this corroborates why Dusty prefers to give so many guys routine days off throughout the season, as frustrating as it may be. This is the kind of thing that happens toward the end of a season. But that's the thing, it's not just the Reds.

The Dodgers lost Billingsley and might still be without Kemp while Kershaw is now a little banged up.

The Yankees have sidelined Tex.

The Cardinals lost Furcal, lost Berkman, Beltran has been worthless in two months and now have injuries to Freese and Carpenter.

The list goes on and on, but what the Reds are going through is not uncommon in September.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post

The list goes on and on, but what the Reds are going through is not uncommon in September.
    The problem becomes an issue when the playoffs come and we still have guys sidelined. I don't have much confidence in our bench and I don't want to get into a situation where we have to rely heavily on bench players for success in the playoffs.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    The problem becomes an issue when the playoffs come and we still have guys sidelined. I don't have much confidence in our bench and I don't want to get into a situation where we have to rely heavily on bench players for success in the playoffs.
    You're saying you don't want Wilson Valdez getting multiple at-bats against Madison Bumgarner or Gio Gonzalez in the playoffs? Surely you jest!

"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    I just got an update from ESPN on my phone that says Dusty Baker says Chapman is suffering from shoulder fatigue.
    so I guess the "doctors" that suggested there had to be something wrong with a guy that was throwing considerably slower than what he has thrown all year might have been correct after all.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    so I guess the "doctors" that suggested there had to be something wrong with a guy that was throwing considerably slower than what he has thrown all year might have been correct after all.
    Strawman for $500, Alex.

No one ever said it wasn't possible that Chapman was hurt. But people were speaking matter-of-factly like there were no other possible explanations.

Not surprising that would be taken out of context though. People overreacting and automatically assuming the worst would tend to overreact and take out of context those simply trying to offer up other reasonable explanations before assuming the worst.

Turn Off Ads?