Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Howling fans at last night's game

Re: Howling fans at last night's game

The yelping helped me last night... C'mon you stick-in-the-muds, it was some slap happy fans having some FUN! I'm all for it, if it livens things up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Whatever it's amusing and if could catch on in other ballparks. It's silly and kinda sounds like the Ric Flair "Whooooo!" as well as a howl.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    HAHA mullet dude is back
    Looked like a red-headed Kenny Powers!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CWRed View Post
    It's funny for about 5 minutes. Now it's just obnoxious, along with Thom loving it (which makes me detest it). So I'm sure it will take hold. Because it's stupid.
    It is obnoxious and stupid.

It's not enough that baseball will most likely be plagued with The Wave and Queen songs for the next millennium, now every night fans will get to relive the epiphany some idiot had on Bark at the Park night.

Can't be long before they're marketing it, though "Dawgpound" is already trademarked.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    The yelping helped me last night... C'mon you stick-in-the-muds, it was some slap happy fans having some FUN! I'm all for it, if it livens things up.
    Is the game so dull or boring that it requires it?

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    It is obnoxious and stupid.

It's not enough that baseball will most likely be plagued with The Wave and Queen songs for the next millennium, now every night fans will get to relive the epiphany some idiot had on Bark at the Park night.

Can't be long before they're marketing it, though "Dawgpound" is already trademarked.
    Can't people just have fun in an almost empty park? If hooting and howling is beneath baseball, then there's a whole lot more to complain about over the last 90 years.

I think the howling is funny, and we've won two in a row... cheer up.

Not sure what's worse, the howling or the guys in the booth talking about it endlessly.

#AOOOOH

Also, the howling >>> the wave

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    Can't people just have fun in an almost empty park? If hooting and howling is beneath baseball, then there's a whole lot more to complain about over the last 90 years.

I think the howling is funny, and we've won two in a row... cheer up.
    The almost empty park was bad enough. If this catches on, to a sellout crowd? I could do without a "Cincinnati fans howl like animals, for no real reason" monicker during the playoffs.

Did it have anything to do with Bark in the Park and Broxton coming out to "Bark at the moon?"

Malcontent take a deep breath, relax and enjoy what is soon to be playoff basebal lfor (supposedly) your favorite baseball team, the Cincinnati Reds. You're consistently an unhappy little man.

Howling dog - YouTube
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    The almost empty park was bad enough. If this catches on, to a sellout crowd? I could do without a "Cincinnati fans howl like animals, for no real reason" monicker during the playoffs.
    And Brennaman wanted to hear a packed house get into it.

Where have you gone, Sam Wyche?

As an admitted Browns fan I can almost see the wolf mascot and alternate logo coming.

Quote Originally Posted by P.E.R#14 View Post
    Did it have anything to do with Bark in the Park and Broxton coming out to "Bark at the moon?"

Malcontent take a deep breath, relax and enjoy what is soon to be playoff basebal lfor (supposedly) your favorite baseball team, the Cincinnati Reds. You're consistently an unhappy little man.[/url]
    I just prefer baseball without the quality embellishments that allow some to maintain interest.

And would actually like to focus on the game. Does that seem bizarre (to you)?
    Last edited by malcontent; 09-12-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Who knows where the next month plus leads us, but to date, it's been one unique and memorable experience to be a Reds fan. If the howling thing ends up being a couple of nights thing or a stupid staple from here on, I think it's great.

I showed my kids the video of it from MLB.com and they were, errr, howling with laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I just prefer baseball without the quality embellishments that allow some to maintain interest.

And would actually like to focus on the game.

If that makes me a purist, I guess I am.
    If I honestly felt your opinion on this had to do with the purity of the game, I might buy this. Your posts are consistently negative and you just seem to be unable to enjoy anything that is fun about this season.

There were 10,000 people in the stands maybe, and almost as many dogs. We won, our magic number is 10 in mid-September. Just TRY to enjoy it.

BTW, quality embellishments?
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?